British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice - whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: EHS Operations Manager
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Seniority Level: Middle Management
Geographic Scope: WCAA
Reports To: Operations Cluster Manager
Role Positioning and Objectives
The main purpose of the role is to develop, implement and maintain an integrated management system that ensures best practice performance in environment, health and safety management within BAT Nigeria establishments and in West & Central Africa Area End markets (WCA) in line with legal and corporate requirements.
What You Will Be Accountable For
- To champion EHS activities and standards, and to support the business in achieving high safety standards
- Ensure compliance with the relevant Environmental Health and Safety Legislation across the Factory
- Ensure that the leadership teams and line managers within BAT Nigeria Factory understand their EHS responsibilities and performance of their respective jurisdiction
- Ensure that appropriate training materials are available for all employees, contractors and visitors to have a complete understanding of the procedures they must follow to safeguard the EH&S of employees, contractors and visitors during their working activities and presence on company premises
- Develop and manage EHS budget and analyse deviations to ensure expenditure is in line with the business plan
- Carry out organizational reviews and workplace inspections/periodic internal self-assessment, including monthly and quarterly submission of EHS reports for the Area to the Global BAT EHS reporting tools
- As a member of the Operations Leadership Team, contribute to the overall direction of the Company i.e. playing full part in the development of local strategy & direction setting and communicating that direction clearly
- Give direction and advice to the Leadership team and the respective end market line managers with regards to EHS implementation and plans
- Regular meetings with different departments to discuss results and improvements in ways of working.
- Participate in coordinating firefighting and first aid team in the event of an emergency
- Participate in coordinating the various statutory/corporate medical check-ups for staff and contractors onsite.
- Participate in preparation of risk assessments for the various sections within the area.
- To ensure compliance to BAT Guidelines as well as conformance with local legislation regarding buildings and fire safety – for the factory site, as well as the department
- Ensuring 0% accidents across the area, meeting environmental KPI such as water and electricity usage, recycling and carbon emissions from the production.
Essential Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in EHS-related area
- EHS certification: NEBOSH – added advantage
- Core understanding of EHS with at least 8-10 years of experience, preferably in an international/ FMCG environment or Oil& Gas industry
- Sound communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Strong leadership skills for managing a large area
- French knowledge and SAP knowledge would represent and added advantage.
Competitive salary + excellent benefits + market leading bonus.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: