Pro-Health International is a faith-based, non- profit organization that has provided free health care services to under-served populations in Nigeria for over 30 years. CDC and USAID have funded PHI to implement HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment and care projects, OVC projects and Global Health security projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Facility Case Manager
Employment Type: Contract
- The Integrated Child Health and Social Services Award 4 (ICHSSA 4) is a USAID funded project lead by Pro-Health International (PHI) and Catholic Relief Services (CRS) as its consortium technical partner.
- The project is designed to scale-up HIV care and support and social services for orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and their caregivers in Bauchi and Adamawa state; as well asbuild the capacity of community structures, government institutions and civil society organizations, to deliver quality comprehensive and integrated needs-based services to mitigate the impact of HIV on Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC); and their households and improve their wellbeing. The implementation of the ICHSSA4 project is now extended to Taraba State and has commenced since October 1, 2021.
- In line with the project implementation plan and as part of efforts to identify, enroll and provide evidence-based cum need-based services to our target beneficiaries, the project is recruiting for the position of Facility Case Managers who will be attached to all high-volume ART facilities in Taraba State.
Scope of Work
ICHSSA 4 project is seeking to engage Facility Case Managers who will be domiciled within the ART Facilities across various LGAs in Taraba State with requisite knowledge and experience in coordination of client centered services, including identification, enrolment, and provision of need-based HIV related services to clients.
The role of the Facility Case Managers will include the following:
- Identify, enroll, and provide need-based services to Children and Adolescent Living with HIV (CALHIV) and HIV Exposed Infants (HEI)
- Review facility Management Information System (MIS): to elicit and track back to care those who are Interrupted in Treatment (IIT) services E.g drug refill appointments, Viral Sample Collection, Regimen Switch etc) through a community level follow up approach
- Facilitate facility level OVC program support and ensure proper documentation of beneficiary’s information both at facility and CSO office.
- Facility Saturation: Facility Case Managers are to work with facility focal persons at specific service delivery points, namely ANC (PMTCT), Immunization clinic, ART Clinic, Social Welfare, TB clinic, Pediatric Ward and Nutrition clinic to facilitate the identification of HIV positives children (CALHIV) for immediate enrollment into the ICHSSA-4 project.
- Index case elicitation (ICE): Facility Case Managers are to support index case elicitation, especially on ART clinic days, to ensure children of HIV positive adults (PLHIV) are identified and linked to HIV testing services. Newly identified positive cases are to be enrolled unto the project as children living with HIV (CALHIV), while infants (0-18 months) of PLHIV are also to be identified and enrolled unto the project as HIV Exposed Infant (HEI).
- Client care audit (CCA): Facility Case Managers are to track gaps in service provision i.e., all treatment services that are yet to be received by the client, including uptake of
- Tuberculosis screening and tuberculosis prophylaxis (IPT)
- GBV screening and referral to GBV Unit
- Pregnancy screening and referral to ANC
- Same day initiation on anti-retroviral medication
- Correct drug Regimentation by age
- Placement on multi-month drug refill (MMD3 or MMD6)
- Viral load sample collection and referral for enhanced adherence counselling.
- Facilitate all Facility- level program activities
- Provide documentation support along the 95-95-95 cascade: Facility Case Managers are to work closely with case managers to populate the ICHSSA-4 95 cascade templates correctly and accurately, which serves to capture HIV indicators.
- Tracking back of LTFU: Facility Case managers are to support client tracking for defaulters and lost to follow-up clients through the generation of lost to follow up list for commencement of tracking back to care. Tracking is to be conducted with CALHIV as priority, then female aged 25-49, then others.
- Facilitate all Facility- level program activities: These included OTZ meetings, support group meeting as avenues to elicit and enroll CALHIV aged 0-17years, Quarterly facility referral coordination meetings for data reviews.
- Provide documentation support along the 95-95-95 cascade: Facility Case Monitors are to work closely with case managers to populate the ICHSSA-4 95 cascade templates correctly and accurately, which serves to capture HIV indicators. To document outcomes appropriately.
Qualification, Technical Expertise and Experience
- As a minimum, the individual must have a Bachelor's Degree in Clinical, Physical, or Social Sciences, Public Health, or any related field, with at least 1 year of direct involvement in providing support to HIV/TB or OVC support related programs. Prior health facility-based experience is an added advantage.
- Prior experience working with ICHSSA 4 on a similar capacity, or any NGO in the state will be an advantage
- Familiarity with M&E is an added advantage
- Demonstrate ability to write reports
- Experience in data collection and reporting
- Applicant MUST have an android phone (they must know how to use the phone)
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral Communication Skills Excellent knowledge of computer software – MS Office and Excel especially and or other statistical analysis software’s
- Must be living in Taraba State (a link to an LGA within the state will be an added advantage as there will be no accommodation provision for this position).
The Facility Case Managers will be reporting directly to the ICHSSA 4 Program / Care and Support Specialist and indirectly to the CSO partners implementing in the coverage area they are working, with support from both ICHSSA 4 Staff and CSO Project Managers and staff.
Overall coordination and technical oversight of the Facility Case Managers will be provided by the State Team Lead.
Remuneration will be based on PHI official approved rates for all Facility Case Managers.
Application Closing Date
18th January, 2022 (4pm).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit no more than 3-pages of their CV and Cover Letter as one document, addressing the position requirements to: [email protected] using the Position and Preferred Location (LGA) as the subject of the mail.
- The applicants will be expected to be domiciled within the vicinity (LGA of interest).
- Only shortlisted applicant will be contacted.
- PHI is an equal opportunity employer.
- All employees (Adhoc and Fulltime) of PHI must adhere to PHI Code of Conduct and the organizational values.