Vedic Lifecare Hospital is a multidisciplinary hospital that consists of a team of consultant specialists and surgeons. Vedic retains a wealth of clinical experience, impacting millions of lives since its inception till date. Our quest to expand healthcare through healing at Vedic, remains unwavering hence our ethical practices.
Doctors and medical practitioners at the clinic are certified in their various fields. With this, we afford patients quality healthcare. Vedic Lifecare hospital provides a range of healthcare specialities and diagnostic technology that cut across various disciplines. Vedic is at 6 Olabanji Olajide Street, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head Pharmacist
- Plan, organize, and direct pharmacy services and operations to ensure safe, accurate, and efficient dispensing of medications.
- Ensure that the pharmacy services support patient safety, patient experience, patient access, quality, automation, and technological advancements.
- Provide strategic direction, oversight, and decision making for the pharmacy services and department.
- Assign, assist, and supervise work of the pharmacy staff and serve as the support person for the pharmacy staff in the provision of patient-focused pharmacy services.
- Perform staff pharmacist duties when required.
- Be knowledgeable of the pharmacy benefit plans/prescription drug benefits applicable to the hospital patients.
- Obtain and manage human, financial, and physical resources necessary to operate a high-performing pharmacy department.
- Build effective relationships with other healthcare professionals and departments within the hospital, and participate in activities related to the Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee and formulary management.
Effectively provide pharmacy services, including the following:
- Prepare, mix, compound, package and dispense medicines and preparations;
- Prepare prescriptions and provide oral consultation to patients or their agents regarding prescriptions including usage and effects;
- Maintain accurate records of prescriptions dispensed;
- Order, receive and store pharmaceutical supplies;
- Maintain adequate pharmaceutical inventory levels;
- Consult with physicians and staff to clarify medication orders;
- Assume legal custody of controlled substances at the hospital
- Assure that controlled substances are dispensed in compliance with the law and that inventory control and record keeping requirements are met;
- Prepare necessary reports, statistics and studies.
The successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Obtain a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy with a Masters as added advantage
- At least 5 years of experience as a licensed pharmacist with 3 years of experience as a supervisor or manager in a pharmacy of a large hospital
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of methods and procedures used in the practice of pharmacy; federal and state laws pertaining to the dispensing and the use of prescription drugs, including controlled substances; composition, storage and uses of drugs
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills
- Able to stay calm and work well under pressure
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: