The Sickbay Clinics was established in 2021. The Sickbay Clinic is a state-of-the-art healthcare centre focused on providing both real-time and virtual clinical services with a system that helps in ensuring easy to access healthcare facilities and on-site healthcare professionals. The facility provides its services to patients during weekdays and weekends. The Centre is also open to patients for a 24-hour period for emergencies. The Sickbay Clinic is located in Abuja. Our services and facilities span several specialities and include emergency/trauma centre, diagnostic centre, paediatric primary care and several other facilities that make for a modern multi-speciality hospital.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Experience Level: Entry level
The medical officer assists consultants in the day-to-day management of patients under the supervision of the Clinic Lead.
- Reporting to the MD / Clinic Lead medicine, the medical officer assist consultants in the day-to-day management of patients under the supervision of the Clinic Lead.
- The Medical Officer will also take an active role in overseeing the medical care of patients and the functions performed of medical staff.
- They may participate directly in care when services are being initially implemented.
- They may also help assess and diagnose needs and plans of action for individuals and families.
- Ensuring that patient care and is optimal and is in adherence to the clinical guidelines and The Sickbay Clinic quality standards.
- Performing inpatient and outpatient reviews with initial assessment and management.
- Providing necessary documentation on health reports and discharge summaries of patients.
- Liaising with consultants regarding the provision of Inpatient and Out patient assessment and care, including diagnoses and medication plans.
- Providing medical cover (routine and emergency), during hours of duty and work in conjunction with the other Medical Officers to ensure the provision of a 24-hour service to the hospital.
- Relating with patients’ relatives/caregivers on the present state of health and further management.
- Making entries into the patients’ notes as appropriate, following ward rounds or any other patient examinations, communication or procedures.
- Undertaking within your level of experience and competence, certain medical procedures required by your senior colleagues.
- Administering intravenous medications/therapy as required.
- Providing urgent medical attention and urgent treatment to staff in case of accident or sudden illness, in liaison with other clinical staff on duty.
- Certification of deaths, completion of death certificates and all relevant documentation including, if appropriate, cremation forms and any documents required by the coroner.
- Undertaking emergency procedures as required (including resuscitation), taking the lead as necessary.
- Complying with all hospital policies and procedures, in particular those relating to health and Safety at Work.
- Undertaking patient consultations and physical examinations
- Providing general pre-and post-operative care
- Monitoring and administering medication
- Assessing and planning treatment requirements
- Liaising daily with staff including other doctors, non-medical management staff and healthcare professionals
- Writing reports and maintaining records
- Any other duty as may be assigned to you.
Qualifications & Requirements
- MBBS or equivalent
- Certification - Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria; Certificate of Practicing License.
- Applicants should have at least 3 years of proven experience post-NYSC
- Ultrasound and ECG proven experience is an added advantage.
- Proficiency with the use of the computer.
- Candidates must possess NYSC discharge Certificate or Exemption letter.
- Proficient with Healthcare Management Systems and Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent problem-solving and clinical decision-making skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Highly motivated team player willing to go the extra mile.
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- Employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow processes.
Application Closing Date
28th January, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.