All correspondence should be addressed to the Secretary/General Registrar
Hon. Commissioners/Secretary of Health Services- All State Ministry of Health & Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
Chief Medical Directors/Medical Directors- University Teaching Hospitals/Specialist & Federal Medical Center
National President- National Association of Nigeria Nurses and Midwives, National Headquarters, Abuja.
Directors of Nursing Services- Ministries of Health, Hospitals Management Board, All States & Federal Capital Territory.
Heads of Department- All Universities Offering Nursing Programmed
Provosts & Principals- College of Nursing Science, Schools of Nursing Midwifery
Coordinators- All post-basic inform Nursing Programs
Zonal Officers- All Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria Zonal Offices.
REVISED GUIDELINES FOR VERIFICATION OF CERTIFICATE(S) WITH THE NURSING AND MIDWIFERY COUNCIL OF NIGERIA
The Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria hereby inform you of the revised guidelines post-qualification and requirements to be met by applicants seeking verification of Certificate(s) to foreign Nursing Boards/Councils.
The guidelines and requirements are as follows:
- Applicants are to visit https://licence.nmen.gov.ng/ and log in to initiate the verification application by clicking on the verification application link.
- A non-refundable fee per application shall be paid for verification to Foreign Boards of Nursing as Specified on the portal, This shall cover the cost of courier services to the applicant's institution(s) of training. Place of Work and Foreign Board
- Eligible applicants must have a minimum of two (2) years post-qualification of the experience from the date of issuance of the permanent practicing license. Any application with a provisional license shall be rejected out rightly.
- The council shall request a letter of Good Standing from the Chief Executive Officer of the applicant's place(s) of work and the last nursing training institution attended and responses on these shall be addressed directly to the Registrar/CEO, Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria. Please note that the council shall not accept such letter(s) through the applicant.
- Applicant must have an active practicing license with a minimum of six months to the expiration date.
- Applicant must upload Certificate(s) of Registration only. Notification of Registration is not acceptable.
- The applicant shall receive prompt notice via his/her email and dashboard on the status of the verification application.
- Processing of verification application takes a minimum of six(6) months
- All applicants shall ensure that complete requirements are not before initiating the verification application as incomplete documentation shall not be processed
- The implementation of this guideline takes effect from 1st March 2024.
- All pending verification applications before this revised guidance will be processed accordingly.
The Head of Nursing Institution should take note and bring the content of the circular to Nurses.
Thank you for your cooperation with the Council in promoting and maintaining excellence in nursing education and practice in line with global best practices
Board Chairman: Dr.(Mrs.) Bola Abosede Ofi
Registrar/Secretary General: Faruk Umar Abubakar FWACN