Sales Force Consulting - Our client is a private Hospital with well equipped digital facilities for medical laboratory and hospital located in Nnewi. The hospital boasts an array of experienced healthcare providers and administrators with a dedication to delivering optimal healthcare services.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Titles: Nurse and Midwife
Location: Nnewi, Anambra
Employment Type: Full-time
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide expert nursing advice and input into operational and strategic issues concerning the Hospital including the development & implementation of activities to ensure the Hospital's objectives are achieved within agreed timelines.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of developments relating to patient care quality throughout the Hospital ensuring that nursing staff, work effectively to achieve the Organization's objectives.
- Be a role model for nurses across daily promoting and demonstrating the standards of care and level of professional & personal behaviors expected of the Nursing Team.
- Manage, co-ordinate, discipline and train the Nursing Team when required.
- Handle team grievances and develop a team culture that promotes learning from accidents, incidents and patient feedback among the Nursing Team.
- Communicate Hospital policies and inform the Hospital Nursing Team of any policy changes to ensure Nursing Staff have the information and support they need to provide high quality care for all patients and their families.
- Develop & implement Training Plans and perform regular Performance Appraisals for the Nursing Team.
- Participate actively in the training and on-boarding of new Nursing Staff.
- Lead and ensure all Hospital Nursing Staff work in accordance with all Hospital and department policies, procedures and guidelines
- Deliver and supervise the delivery of all aspects of nursing care to patients based on knowledge and experience in order to maintain and raise standards of care.
- Monitor and evaluate standards of care, coaching & correcting line staff when necessary
- Act as an expert for specific aspects of clinical nursing care.
- Have a working knowledge of usual Hospital Health & Safety regulations and emergency clinical procedures, making sure proper action is taken in the event of emergencies.
- Lead on promoting and monitor the adherence of infection control policies and procedures.
- Ensure adequate and appropriate patient and nursing documentation and records are maintained (paper and electronic).
- Supervise the effective use of bed capacity and patient flow within the Hospital.
- Manage, organize and facilitate effective patient discharge planning.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- Must be a Registered Nurse with a B.Sc. in Nursing and a valid professional license
- Post Graduate Studies or equivalent professional qualifications (e.g. Certified Midwife) is a major advantage
- Minimum of 7 years robust post-qualification experience required.
- Past experience in Midwifery and special needs care.
- Experience of leading and managing others is expected.
- Applicant must be possess average skills in computer use
- Integrity, hard work, leadership skills, requisite experience and demonstrable competence are the critical considerations.
Personal Attributes & Physical Demands:
- Able to work and lead clinically if required
- Must have strong customer-orientation, with good written & verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to develop relationships and influence a wide range of stakeholders
- Friendly, patient and reliable with a high level of maturity, empathy and emotional intelligence
- Must demonstrate proven experience in leading and managing others
- Detail-oriented with a clear commitment to quality improvement.
- Understands the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria (NMCN) Code of Professional Conduct and its application to clinical practice.
- Must be familiar with office equipment e.g. computers, printers, scanners, copiers, etc.
- Must be able to multi-task; capable of handling several issues at the same time to deliver results and meet desired deadlines.
- Remuneration is competitive
- There is free quality accommodation.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using "NURSE" or "MIDWIFE" as the subject of the mail.
- Interested and qualified candidates who meet these criteria and are ready to be interviewed and eventually reside in Nnewi
- Enquiries: 08120796570 (Whatsapp or Text message chats only).