GP Consulting - Our client, Loveworld Medical Centre, is a world class modern multi-specialty (80 beds) Hospital situated in the heart of Lagos mainland business district.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacist
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Department / Team: Pharmacy
Responsible to: Head, Pharmacy Department
Responsible for: Other Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians & Interns
Main Purpose of Job
- Drug distribution, provision of clinical services, and may be required to perform functions not expressly stated.
- Always maintaining the drug stock in the hospital. This includes storing medications safely, and monitoring availability (low in stock) to prevent out-of-stock.
- Check prescriptions for appropriateness and proper dosage and communicate with prescribers in situations where dosage adjustment is required, or an alternative is suggested.
- Provide advice on the dosage of medicines and the most appropriate form of medication to healthcare professionals.
- Participate in ward rounds, multidisciplinary team meetings, and other clinical pharmacy activities such as medication reconciliation, antimicrobial stewardship, adverse event monitoring, etc.
- Dispensing of prescribed medication to patients, advising them on the indications, contraindications, drug-drug interactions or food-drug interactions, side effects, and dosage, and stating the need for compliance to the dosing regimen when necessary.
- Compounding of extemporaneous preparations.
- Maintaining a database of patient drug history, and proper inventory control of medicines available in the pharmacy.
- Supervising the work of less experienced and less qualified staff on duty.
- Attending to drug information requests from other members of the health care team, patients, and the public.
- Keep up to date with and contribute to research and development.
- Write guidelines for drug use within the hospital and implement hospital regulations.
- There are several standard duties and responsibilities that all employees, irrespective of their role and level of seniority within the LMC, are expected to be familiar with and adhere to.
- Comply at all times with the requirements of health and safety regulations to ensure your well-being and that of your colleagues.
- Promote and comply with LMC policies on diversity and equality both in the delivery of services and treatment of others.
- Always ensure confidentiality, only releasing confidential information obtained during employment to those acting in an official capacity by relevant policies of the Hospital and applicable legislations.
- Comply with LMC standards on the appropriate use of telephone, email, and internet facilities.
- Comply with the principles of risk management regarding individual and corporate responsibilities.
- Comply with LMC policies and procedures as indicated/stated by the organization.
- LMC pharmacists typically work 40 hours a week. This includes weekends, public holidays and some extra hours may be required.
- Prepare to work flexibly outside normal office hours.
- Must have an accredited B.Pharm / D.Pharm Degree with 3+ years relevant work experience.
- Must have completed a one-year internship program, as well as National Youth Service Corp (NYSC).
- Previous experience in a hospital pharmacy is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills for dealing with patients and healthcare professionals.
- The ability to work carefully, methodically, and accurately with medicines and doses.
- The ability to use scientific knowledge to solve problems.
- IT skills for recording information and using the HIMS-EMR.
- Interpersonal skills and a caring and empathetic manner, as the work usually involves contact with patients on the wards and in outpatient departments.
- A responsible attitude to work.
- Teamwork skills.
- General clinical awareness.
- You will be expected to undertake a range of training towards your professional development; these include in-house training provided by the pharmacy department or the hospital, courses, conferences, etc.
- You must carry out regular continuing professional development to show that you are up to date with the constantly changing profession.
General Terms & Conditions
- To meet LMC targets and support the delivery and achievement of the Pharmacy Department’s strategic goals and objectives.
- The content of this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list but to indicate the main responsibilities of the post.
- It will be reviewed periodically to take account of changes and developments in service requirements.
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Application Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: This job description is not exhaustive and as such the job holder is expected to be flexible. Any changes will only be made following a discussion with the post holder.