Dozzy Oil & Gas Limited is an Indigenous company with core business activity in the downstream petroleum products marketing and distribution which involves procurement of various petroleum products and industrial raw materials, manufacturing of lubricants, storage, sales and distribution of petroleum products nationwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Control Officer
Location: Onitsha, Anambra
Employment Type: Full-time
- To Analyze and ensure all quality control checks are carried out on various blended produce, raw materials and packaging materials.
- Collects samples of raw material (Base oil) from the top and bottom of the discharging truck.
- Determine the kinematic viscosity at 100 °C and 40 °C with other parameters which include flash point, specific gravity at 15 °C and colour etc.
- Collect samples of additive and determine the viscosity at 100oC and 40oC with other parameters which includes flash point, specific gravity at 15oC and colour etc.
- Collect samples of the dye and mix with the appropriate quantity of oil sample as instructed by the head QCC and check the colour using the colour comparator machine.
- Report all result to the Chief QCC.
- Keep records of conforming raw materials.
- Collects samples of Blending products from the blending kettle to confirm dryness.
- Report back to the Chief Quality Control Chemist who also will report to the Assistant Production Manager/supervisor on the dryness, for necessary actions.
- Collect the blended product sample from the top and bottom of the blending kettle to determine homogeneity such as kinematic viscosity at 100 °C, 40 °C, viscosity index , flash point, specific gravity at 15 °C, TBN, ash content, colour etc.
- Confirm if the result agrees with the product specification.
- Ensure the viscometer tubes are washed after the daily routine analyses before the next day’s work.
- Ensure that the laboratory equipment is cleaned from time to time.
- Store all the blended sample products with good containers in the laboratory cupboards.
- Keep record of all the product analysis
Qualification & Experience
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor's Degree / HND qualification in Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Biochemistry or Chemical Engineering.
- 5 years and above experience in a Lubricant Manufacturing Industry
Key Competencies Required:
- Possess basic scientific knowledge.
- Ability to operate all laboratory equipment and apparatus.
- Have good knowledge of Lubricant standards and other related standards
- Results orients, Problem solving and Smarts.
- Strong Analytical Skill
- Ability to communicate effectively and write reports
- Good Knowledge of the use of Computer eg. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Suite App.
Remuneration / Benefits
- N200,000 - N300,000 Monthly (Very attractive in line with industry standard).
- Accommodation could be provided.
Application Closing Date
15th June, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates forward send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.