Owens and Xley is a business consulting and advisory company. We offer strategic services in the areas of business advisory, business development and planning to small businesses that would otherwise not have access to the technical competencies available to bigger companies.
We know the role good planning plays in any business and its associated costs, and the initial capital challenges faced by small a business, which is why we have developed solutions which ensure that the small business owners still have access to the technical skill but at a fraction of the cost. We aim to help entrepreneurs and small business owners get better business results with less cost. Our client in the Wellness industry is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research and Development Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
In this role, you are responsible for developing new and improved products for the company and also testing its effectiveness before the initial market launch. It is also your responsibility to monitor existing products to ensure they are performing as they should.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research about ingredients, stability, PH etc.
- Interpret the ideas of the Business Director to the production team.
- Work with the Business Director to conceptualize and create new products.
- Correct abnormalities in existing products with the Business Director.
- Conduct experiment.
- Analyze market share, identify competitive strengths and weaknesses and opportunities that arise to realize additional market share, revenue, and profits through competitive positioning.
- Have a keen awareness of worldwide innovations, trends, consumer feedback, and competitor activity both in mass and prestige brands.
Conduct quality control on in-process products.
Qualifications and Experience
- 2 - 3 years work experience in a similar role.
- BSc or HND in Biochemistry or Chemistry or any related field.
Skills and Abilities:
- Successful and progressive research and product development experience in cosmetics, personal care industry.
- Ability to work independently and exercise creativity.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Strong attention to details.
Application Closing Date
20th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.