APIN Public Health Initiatives Limited/Gte, formerly known as AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria is a non-governmental organization registered with the Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). APIN has built a strong partnership with the Nigerian Government, which is memorialized through a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the National Planning Commission. APIN is a leading Nigerian organization in the provision of prevention, care and treatment services to patients with HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis; Malaria; Reproductive Health; Family Planning; Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, and other non-communicable diseases of public health significance.
We are recruiting a qualified person to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Associate (Molecular Services)
Requisition ID: api-75425
Employment Type: Full-Time
Department: Laboratory Services
Reporting To: Molecular Lead
- This position will report to the Molecular Lead and will support molecular activities in Plateau/Osun states in the organization.
- S/He will work with all facilities in the state linked to the PCR Laboratory to ensure guidelines for sample management are followed and adhered to.
- S/He will oversee remote sample login and return of results to facilities.
- S/She will coordinate specimen analysis at the PCR Laboratory, re-routing of specimens, commodity and equipment management.
- S/He will supervise molecular laboratory personnel, and regularly assess their performance and productivity to ensure VL/IVT testing is optimized.
- Will manage and supervise the delivery of quality molecular services for HIV-VL, EID, HIV drug resistance testing (HIVDR) at JUTH Jos PCR laboratory.
- Will oversee all laboratory procedures and analysis of clinical samples by molecular biology methods
- Will oversee data analysis, assay result interpretation, and proper maintenance and management of laboratory records
- Will oversee quality control/quality assurance activities, as well as reagent lot validation and inventory management
- Will assist in the ordering of laboratory supplies to maintain proper inventory
- Will ensure staff demonstrate competency with pipetting and PCR techniques while performing complex molecular diagnostic techniques
- Will ensure routine preventative maintenance is performed on all molecular diagnostic and ancillary equipment
- Will ensure all molecular diagnostic protocols are followed and implemented
- Will follow up with daily reports on all lab tests
- Will follow up with feedback to Biomedical Engineers on equipment breakdown
- Will oversee Proficiency Testing at PCR labs and follow up with corrective actions
- Will follow up with sample management and quality of samples received at the PCR Lab for testing
- Will follow up with proper storage of specimens for short and long term
- Will follow up with LIMS compliance network ,accurate computer data entry, and upload of patients’ results to NDR
- Will ensure all laboratory procedures are performed in a timely manner
- Will plan re-routing of samples to a secondary PCR Lab for testing, in the event of delay in testing due to power failure or equipment breakdown
- Will provide guidance and will fully be involved in the procedures for PCR Lab accreditation.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must be a Medical laboratory Scientist or possess a degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years’ professional experience in Molecular Diagnostics
- Experience and skill in public health laboratories is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of laboratory management and understanding of quality management system
- Strong attention to detail and ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work alone and as part of the team
- Ability to multitask, manage time efficiently, negotiate and meet deadlines
- Highly motivated, energetic self-starter who can think and act self-sufficiently.
Application Closing Date
13th December, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: