Why ABUAD is the First Choice for Candidates in Search of Quality and Functional Education.
ABUAD is founded by Aare Afe BabaIola, OFR, CON, SAN, LL.D (Land.). LL.D (Lagos), a self-made man who obtained two degrees from University of London through Private Studies: an acclaimed University Administrator; holder of LL.D (honoris causa) of the University of London March, 2015; former Pro-Chancellor of University of Lagos and Winner of NUC's the Rest Pro-Chancellor Award (twice) in Nigeria and the Former Chairman, Committee of Pro-Chancellors of Nigeria Universities, Winner of African Man of the Year in Education in 2014, the 2016 African Leadership Magazine's recipient of the award for Pioneering Excellence & Innovation in Tertian Education in Africa as well as the recipient of the 2018 Chief Obafemi Awolowo Prize for Leadership Award.
- Acknowledged by NUC as “a model, benchmark and a reference point in University Education".
- Acknowledged as the Pride of University Education in Nigeria” by National Universities Commission (NUC).
- Acknowledged by Association of Vice Chancellors of Nigeria as the “most successful private University” in Nigeria
- Acknowledged by UNESCO “as a world class University”
- Consistent, predictable and assured Academic calendar
- 100% Accreditation by NUC and relevant Professional Bodies in all 47 programmes offered by ABUAD.
- Full Accreditation by NUC and Professional Bodies in all 47 programmes including seven (7) programmes in Engineering, Law, Medicine and Health Sciences, Accounting, Computer Science, Media & Communication, International Relations and Social Justice.
- Fulbright Scholarship available
UNPRECEDENTED LANDMARK ACHIEVEMENTS IN ACADEMICS
- Has graduated seven (7) sets of students in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019,
- Has inducted 43 pioneer Medical Doctors within 6 ½ , years with 8 distinctions -a record
- Best Overall Student out of about 6000 at the Council of Legal Education Examination (Law School)2018
- Won 24 out of 36 Prizes at the Council of Legal Education Examination (Law School) 2018
- 2nd Best Overall student out of about 2500 students in ICAN/ATS West Africa Examination, 2018
- In addition to their University Degrees, students obtain Professional Certification in Banking. Accounting. ICT, Marketing, ICAN. Computer Science, Engineering, Nursing Science, Medical Laboratory Science and Law.
- Compulsory Certificate in one foreign language by all students (Chinese or French) with Scholarship to study in China
- Best female Engineering student from ABUAD - Association of Professional Women Engineers of Nigeria
- Best Brain Award by Nigeria Trust Award
- Best University Law Faculty Award - Institute of Government Research and Leadership Technology, 2012
- The Computer Professionals Registration Council of Nigeria in 2013 designated ABUAD as Centre of Excellence in Cyber Security.
- 100% Pass in Nursing Examination,
- 100% Pass in Laboratory Technology Examination
- The Engineering College is acknowledged as “The Template for Engineering education in Nigeria by Nigeria" Society of Engineers in Nigeria, NSE.
- IFAD Grant to train 1000 Youths under the IFAD Youth Empowerment Scheme with 350 Youths already provided with start-up facilities.
- UNESCO Chairs in
1. Entrepreneurship Education and Sustainable Development
2. Peace and Citizenship
ABUAD Commenced Academic work in the following programmes in 2019.
- Performing Arts.
INTERNSHIP, SCHOLARSHIP AND OTHER OPPORTUNITIES
- Internship opportunities for students in Nigeria (Pan Ocean). USA, England, China and Germany.
- Fulbright Scholarship available for students and teachers
- Students and Teachers Exchange Programme available in highly ranked world universities in Brazil, USA. Germany, Cote-d’iviore, China, Republic of Benin, and England.
- Center for Mechanical Laboratory by CES Industries of America.
- Scholarship by Dragnet Solutions Limited.
- Annual Scholarships by Pan Ocean Oil Corporation.
- Annual Scholarships by Zartech Limited.
- Annual Scholarship training in Chinese language in Chinese University.
- Reduction of 50% tuition fees available for students studying Agriculture who are also entitled to take-off grant after graduation.
- Annual Scholarships for ABUAD Teachers and Students totaling N7million in 2011, N17.5million in 2012, N32million in 2013, N35million in 2014 in N42million in 2015, N45 million in 2016, N72miltlon In 2017, N135million in 2018 and N152million in 2019.
- Agbami Medical and Engineering professional scholarship by Chevron, Star Deep Petroleum Limited and Partners.
- State-of-the-art Talent Discovery Centre housing 26 Sporting facilities and 15 skills.
- Ultra-modern structures housing beautiful Colleges. Hostels and other utilities.
- Fully residential quarters for staff and students.
- State-of-the-art Multi-System Hospital.
- Ultra-modem Planetarium equipped with the state-of-the-art facilities
- Ultra-modem Postgraduate School Buildings
The University's enrollment has grown from 240 students in January 2009/2010 Academic Session to 7300 students in August 2018/2019 Academic Session having graduated 7 sets of students in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017.2018 and 2019.
8. Robust Parents/Teachers Consultative Forum.
9. Freedom of religion - Wearing of Religion not allowed.
10. National and International Acknowledgement and Scorecard — See ABUAD. 10-year Scorecard and Milestone at ABUAD website – www.abuad.edu.ng
PART A: UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES -Accredited Programmes
(1) COLLEGE OF LAW
- B Law 5years
(2) COLLEGE OF MEDICINE AND HEALTH SCIENCES
- Medicine and Surgery (M.B.B.S) - 6 years,
- B. NSc. Nursing Sciences - 5 years
- B. MLS. Medical Laboratory Science 5 years
- B. Sc. Anatomy - 4 years
- B. Sc. Physiology - 4 years
- B. Sc. Human Nutrition and Dietetics - 4 years
- B. Sc. Pharmacology – 4 years
- B. Sc. Public Health – 4 years
- Pharm D. Pharmacy 6 years
- B. DS. Dentistry – 6 years
- OD. Optometry – 6 years
(4) COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING (5years)
- B. Eng. Mechanical Engineering
- B. Eng. Mechatronic Engineering
- B. Eng. Electrical/ Electronic Engineering
- B. Eng. Petroleum Engineering
- B. Eng. Civil Engineering
- B. Eng. Chemical Engineering
- B. Eng. Computer Engineering
- B. Eng. Agricultural Engineering
- B. Eng. Biomedical Engineering
- B. Eng. Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering
NB: College has 37 Laboratories and is acknowledged as The Template for Engineering Education in Nigeria'. The College has also won international competitions for invention in Seattle, US and London. England.
(5) COLLEGE OF SCIENCES (4 years)
- B. Sc. Microbiology
- B. Sc. Human Biology
- B. Sc. Biotechnology
- B. Sc. Biochemistry
- B. Sc. Chemistry
- B. Sc. Industrial Chemistry
- B. Sc. Computer Science
- B. Sc. Geology.
- B. Sc. Physics with Electronics
- B. Sc. Physics
- B. Sc. Petroleum Chemistry
- B.Arch Architecture (4 years)
(8) COLLEGE OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES (4 years)
- B. Sc. Economics
- B. Sc. Accounting
- B. Sc. Banking & Finance
- B. Sc. Business Administration
- B. Sc. Tourism & Events Management.
- B.Sc. Political Science
- B. Sc. International Relations & Diplomacy
- B. Sc. Peace and Conflict Studies
- B. Sc. Intelligence & Security Studies
- B. Sc. Social Justice
- B. Sc. Communication & Media Studies
- B. Sc. Marketing ' B. Sc. Entrepreneurship
- B. Sc. Sociology
(7) COLLEGE OF ARTS AND HUMANMES (4 years)
- B.A. Performing Arts
- B.A. English
- B.A. History & International Studies
- B.A. Linguistics
(8) COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE (5 years)
B. Agric. Animal Science
B. Agric. Agricultural Economics
B. Agric. Extension Education
B. Agric. Crop Science
B. Agric. Soil Science
(9) PRE-DEGREE PROGRAMME - (9 months -Admission Into 100 Level)
Visit Afe Babalola International Study Centre Ibadan, Oyo State to collect form. Click http://abisc.org.ng/contact-us/
(10) DEGREE FOUNDATION PROGRAMME -(18 months - Direct Entry into 200 Level)
Visit Afe Babalola International Study Genus Ibadan, Oyo State to collect form. Click http://abisc.org.ng/contact-us/
PART B: ADMISSION REQUIREMENT FOR UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
- Current Unified Tertiary Matriculations Examination (UTME) Result
- Five O’Level (WAEC, NECO, GCE, NABTEB and IGCSE) Credit Passes at one sitting to include English Language, Mathematics. Literature in English, and any other two (2) Social Sciences or Arts Subjects are required for admission into College of Law.
- Five O’level (WAEC, NECO, GCE, NABTEB and 'GCSE) Credit Passes at one sitting to include English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology are required for admission into the MBBS and Nursing Science Programmes.
- Other Programmes: Five O'Level (WAEC, NECO, GCE, NABTEB and IGCSE) Credit Passes at not more than two sittings to include English Language, Mathematics and three (3 ) other subjects relevant to course of study.
- Results of PAST Unified Tertiary Matriculations Examinations (UTME) are not allowed.
PART C: ONLINE APPLICATION FOR UNDERGRADUATE
- Click on http://admission.abuad.edu.ng/ to full the online form and to make online payment.
- If application is made online, then, you have the opportunity to write your POST UTME TEST ONLINE.
- Download the Application Form Online on the University Website: abuad.edu.ng
- You can also purchase form at the designated Centres listed below.
- If application is made through options (2) and (3), then you will not have the opportunity to do your POST UTME TEST ONLINE BUT AT A DESIGNATED CENTRE AND DATE.
PART D: MODE OF APPLICATION FOR UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
PURCHASE OF ADMISSION APPLICATION FORM
Candidate who chose ABUAD in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) are to pay the sum of N2,000 for Admission Application Form and N5,000 as Screening Fee into any of the under-listed Banks with ABUAD Undergraduate Account Number while Direct Entry and Inter-University Transfer Application forms is N10,500 each which is to be paid to same underlisted Banks.
CHANGE OF INSTITUTION
- Candidates who did not choose Afe Babalola University (ABUAD) in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) are also qualified to participate in the Post UTME screening by purchasing a Change of Institution Form from the University at a cost of N3,500 which is in addition to the N2,000 for Admission Application Form and N5000 as Screening Fee from any of the under-listed Banks. Please note that a Change of Institution form from JAMB is also a requirement.
- Candidates awaiting SSCE results or its equivalent can also apply for admission provided the result will be available at resumption in August 2020.
PART E: DESIGNATED BANK ACCOUNTS FOR UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION FORM
- WEMA Bank Plc - 0122718841
- Union Bank Plc - 0061954679
- UBA Plc - 1020297573
- Sterling Bank Plc - 0064784459
PART F: DESIGNATED SELLING POINTS FOR UNDERGRADUATE FORMS
- ONLINE ON http://admission.abuad.edu.ng/
- MAIN CAMPUS: AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY IABUADI, ADO-EKITI, KM 8.5. AFE BABALOLA WAY. ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE.
- IBADAN OFFICE, EMMANUEL CHAMBERS: 80, FAJUYI ROAD EKOTEDO, IBADAN.
- ABUJA OFFICE: EMMANUEL HOUSE. 24. MADEIRA STREET, IMANI ESTATE, MAITAMA, ABUJA.
- LAGOS OFFICE: EMMANUEL HOUSE, PLOT 1, BLOCK 4, CMDMUBILEE ROAD, MAGODO GRA, LAGOS.
- PORT-HARCOURT OFFICE: EMMANUEL CHAMBERS, NO 43, WOGU STREET D/LINE, PORTHARCOURT, RIVERS STATE.
- WARRI: MONTESSORI INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL, 66, AIR PORT ROAD, OPPOSITE DELTA CAREER COLLEGE, WARRI.
NOTE: Bank Tellers or proof of payments are to be presented at the designated selling centers for collection of Application Forms. Application Forms will also be available on the day of screening at the Screening Centre.
PART G: INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS
NB: International Applicants are required to forward their Academic Transcripts to the following email addresses:
1. reg_[email protected]
PART H: FOR FURTHER ENQUIRIES
1. Visit http://abuad.edu.ng or send email to [email protected] OR
2. Send a letter to the Office of the Registrar, Afe Babalola University [ABUAD],Ado-Ekiti. OR
3. Call the following numbers: 08127772121, 08152970484, 08152970475, 09011673845, 09011574312 and 08033509150.
PART I: IMPORTANT NOTICE – FRAUDSTERS!!!.
- Because of FRUADSTERS, Applicants should call the following contacts ONLY: Registrar on 08127772121, 08152970475 and 08033509150, Bayo on 08152970484. Ebun on 09011673845 and Wale on 09011574312
CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED IN THEIR OWN INTEREST NOT TO ENTERTAIN ANY CALL FROM ANY NUMBER DIFFERENT FROM THE SIX TELEPHONE LINES LISTED ABOVE
- Applicants should use the designated Bank Accounts above as payment made into any wrong or fraudulent account is at the Applicants risk.
Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, ABUAD, Nigeria's pride of tertiary education, is inviting applicants to the 2020/21 Post UTME Admission Screening Exercise which will take place on-line from 8:00 a.m to 7:00p.m, on September 15- 22, 2020. Applicants are to access the website: [email protected], and follow the step by step guide to process application and write the Post-UTME Screening Test. Those who filled Application Forms manually should scan and forward them to this email: [email protected]. The forms should come with valid Email Addresses and Telephone Numbers of the Applicants. For further information, please call: 08033509150, 08034402771, 09011574312, 09011673845.
ABUAD – A motion in action.
Lady Christie Oluborode