Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified Veterinary Surgeons for admission into the Professional Postgraduate Programmes leading to the award of Fellowship of the College of Veterinary Surgeons Nigeria.
2. AREAS OF SPECIALISATION
- Large Animal Surgery
- Small Animal Surgery
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Veterinary Diagnostic Pathology
- Veterinary Clinical Pathology
- Veterinary Microbiology
- Veterinary Parasitology
- Large Animal Medicine
- Small Animal Medicine
- Avian Medicine
- Aquatic Medicine
- Zoo, Wildlife and Laboratory Animal Medicine
- Veterinary Clinical Pharmacology
Public Health and Preventive Medicine
- Veterinary Preventive Medicine and Epidemiology
- Veterinary Public Health
3. STUDY CENTRES
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka for Surgery Faculty (Small Animal Surgery & Theriogenology), Public Health and Preventive Medicine Faculty, Pathology Faculty and Medicine Faculty
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria for Surgery Faculty, Public Health and Preventive Medicine Faculty, Pathology Faculty and Medicine Faculty 4. University of Ibadan, lbadan for Surgery Faculty, Public Health and Preventive Medicine Faculty, Pathology Faculty and Medicine Faculty
- NVRI Vom Study Centre for Pathology Faculty (Microbiology) and Public Heath and Preventive Medicine Faculty
4. ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
A. Qualifications for Membership (MCVSN)
(i) Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or equivalent qualification recognized by the Veterinary Council of Nigeria (VCN).
(ii) A minimum of three calendar years of post-DVM professional experience.
(iii) Up to date and continuous registration with VCN over the mandatory post-DVM period with current annual practice license 2023.
(iv) Curriculum Vitae of candidate and Credentials.
B. Qualifications for Fellowship (FCVSN) Programme
Applicants who have relevant additional qualification (MCVSN, MSc, or PhD) may apply for the Fellowship programme.
5. OTHER REQUIREMENTS
(i) NYSC Certificate or evidence of exemption.
(ii) Additional academic and professional qualifications in relevant areas shall be an added advantage. (iii) Candidates most present their transcripts of academic records adjudged suitable for admission with comparable postgraduate programmes.
(iv) Three Referees of which two must be Fellows of the College.
6. DURATION OF TRAINING
The duration of training is three years (Membership), three years (Fellowship) including a compulsory residency period of six months annually.
7. APPLICATION FORMS
Application forms are available on payment of a non-refundable fees of N25,000 only. All payments should be made using the Remita Portal as Follows:
Log in to www.rernita.net , Select make payment to TSA/States, then select FGN, then for who do you want to pay, type vet to select Veterinary Council of Nigeria, for the Purpose use CVSN sub Account (this is very important), the fill N25,000 as amount to be paid, then fill out your details like name, phone number, email address and proceed to make payment.
8. APPLICATION FORMS ARE OBTAINABLE FROM THE FOLLOWING:
a. Federal and State Directors of Veterinary Services
b. Deans of Faculties / Colleges of Veterinary Medicine
c. College Office, Plot, 434 Zambezi Crescent, Maitama, Abuja.
d. Veterinary Council Building, NVRI, Vom, Plateau State
e. VCN Zonal Offices (Ibadan, Enugu, Port Harcourt, Gombe, Kaduna)
f. College Building ABU, Zaria
9. CLOSING DATE
The closing date for the submission of applications is Tuesday January 31st , 2023. Submission should be made at the following office:
The College Secretary, College of Veterinary Surgeons, Nigeria, Veterinary Council of Nigeria, (VCN) Plot 434, Zambezi Crescent, Maitama, Abuja.
Dr. Nurallah M. Abubakar
Acting Registrar, Veterinary Council of Nigeria