Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited was founded in Abuja in January 2008. The hospital started as a mono specialty centre and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics Limited. Within a few years, the hospital expanded its scope of services and has become a leading private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world-class specialist healthcare services to patients in Nigeria and the West African sub-region.
Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited currently has two hospitals located in both Abuja and Lagos having over one hundred (100) bed capacity without patient camps in several other cities across Nigeria. Our services and facilities span several specialties and include emergency/trauma centre, radiology diagnostic centre, prosthetic manufacturing plant, oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, gastrointestinal endoscopy suite, and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital. Under general supervision, maintain the flow and drainage of water, air, and other gases by assembling, installing, and repairing pipes, fittings, and plumbing fixtures district wide. Maintain and provide for the safe condition and operation of all plumbing systems in district facilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant Family Physician / Hospitalist
- The Family Physician / Hospitalist reports directly to the Medical Director, will be responsible for providing excellent in-house patient care.
- The incumbent will be responsible for patients' routine check-ups as well as emergency and non-emergency medical situations that arise; undertake tasks aiming for prevention and promotion of healthy habits.
- The Family Physician is also responsible for managing the entire treatment process for in-patients and recommending treatment plans, recording medical histories, and updating information for existing patient records with the most recent findings.
- The duties of the family physician / Hospitalist include; conducting routine check-ups to patients to assess their health condition and discover possible issues; giving appropriate advice for healthy habits (diet, hygiene, etc.), and preventative actions to promote overall health.
- Responsibilities will also include, conducting examinations on ill patients and evaluating symptoms to determine their condition as well as referring patients to specialists or surgeons where necessary.
- Develop a personal relationship with patients.
- Provide excellent patient care for both inpatients and outpatients.
- Conduct routine check-ups to patients to assess their health conditions and discover possible issues.
- Give appropriate advice for healthy habits (diet, hygiene, etc.) and preventative actions to promote overall health.
- Conduct examinations to patients and evaluate symptoms to determine patients' conditions.
- Ask intuitive questions to discover the causes of illness.
- Take patient medical histories.
- Create and recommend treatment plans.
- Order laboratory tests and interpret lab test results to obtain more information for underlying infections or abnormalities.
- Prescribe medications or drugs and provide comprehensive instructions for administration.
- Collaborate with other physicians, physician assistants, and nurses to form a high-performing medical team.
- Examine and provide treatments for injuries and refer patients to specialists where needed.
- Reach an informed diagnosis based on scientific knowledge and the patient’s medical history.
- Keep records of patients' diseases, operations, or other significant information (e.g, allergic episodes) on Medicplus.
- Respond to patient’s questions and concerns about their health care and well-being.
- Discuss proper nutrition, hygiene, and self-care with patients to promote good health.
- Make use of patient health data in medical analysis.
- Cultivate a climate of trust and compassion for patients.
- Remain up-to-speed with developments and best practices in medicine by attending conferences and seminars.
- Conducts routine staff screening.
- Develops and broadens the scope of the family medicine services.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor of Medicine (MBBS) registered with MDCN with a valid practicing license.
- 3 - 10 years work experience.
- Must have a Post Graduate / Residency qualification in Family Medicine.
- Fellowship of any of the relevant colleges with family medicine sub-specialization e.g, FWACP, FMCP, or equivalent qualifications.
- Proven experience as a Family Physician. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS), or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of examination methodologies and diagnostics.
- Excellent knowledge of infectious diseases, their symptoms, and epidemiology.
- In-depth knowledge of legal medical guidelines and medical best practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Great attention to detail with excellent analytical skills.
- Respect for patient confidentiality.
- Compassionate and approachable.
- Responsible and trustworthy.
- Ability to think and act quickly in a stressful environment.
Application Closing Date
4th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- The employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow processes.