Anadach Group - Our client is a Healthcare company that provides a range of primary and tertiary healthcare services in four locations in Lagos State. Our client is known for their high technology medical care and are focused on providing the highest standard of service to patients.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant Interventional Cardiologist
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: Internal Medicine
Functionally Reports To: Chairman, Medical Advisory Committee
Administratively Reports To: Managing Director
Supervises: Medical Officers and Nurses
- To use minimally invasive techniques to treat cardiovascular disease.
- Perform procedures such as angioplasty, stent placement, or coronary artery bypass surgery.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Using diagnostic tests such as electrocardiograms (EKGs), ultrasound scans of the heart, cardiac catheterization, and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans of the heart to diagnose heart problems.
- Prescribing medications, including blood thinners and other drugs to prevent blood clots from forming in patients’ veins or arteries
- Conducting interventional procedures such as implanting pacemakers and stents to open blocked arteries and perform other percutaneous cardiovascular procedures.
- Coordinating with other healthcare providers such as surgeons and nurses to ensure that patients receive appropriate care and follow-up after procedures
- Performing percutaneous procedures to repair defects in the heart’s valves or walls
- Conducting research to develop new methods of treating cardiovascular disease and improve patient outcomes
- Educating patients about risks and benefits of treatment options and helping them make informed decisions about their care.
Education / Qualifications
- MBBS or its equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years post residency experience
- Residency training in any Interventional Cardiology from a recognized institution
- Valid medical practicing license
- Fellowship of the National Postgraduate Medical College in Interventional Cardiology or its equivalent.
Key Competence and Skills:
- Basic life support skills
- Appropriate skills for the specialty
- Teaching, support and supervisory skills (for Consultants, Medical Officers and Nurses)
- Service oriented, courteous, team player
- Ability to multitask with a high level of discipline and loyalty
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with challenges
- People leadership skills
- Business leadership skills
- Computer literacy
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
Application Closing Date
14th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Candidates will be assessed on a rolling basis until the positions are filled.