We are an indigenous non-profit and non-governmental organization with Head Office in Abuja and field offices in several locations in Nigeria. We are in the business of saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for people living with; and affected by HIV.
We need dynamic, highly skilled and passionate persons to work with our highly experienced team in the capacity below:
Job Title: Director, Strategic Information
Job Code: SI 001
Grant Duration: Subject to availability of funds and exceptional grant performance
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership, strategic direction and oversight for monitoring and evaluation, health information system, including Health informatics and database management, outcome evaluation, surveillance, and research for the organization.
- Lead and support the strategic information (SI) teams to design and conduct
- analyses from both routine and non-routine program data for Quality Improvement (QI) and quality assurance.
- Lead the establishment of appropriate systems for evaluating projects to demonstrate progress, achievement, impact and accountability at site, state and country levels. Coordinate monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual data capture, analysis and reporting for all the program indicators to donors, GON and relevant stakeholders across applicable platforms including NDR and DATIM.
- Lead the development and implementation of Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (MER) framework that complies and respond to donor, government of Nigeria and project specific reporting and evaluation plan.
- Lead the review and improvement of the M&E systems and strategy in close collaboration with the program team and relevant stakeholders based on lessons learnt.
- Lead and provide oversight for the development of digital applications, mobile applications, dash boards and other health informatics products for systematic use in program monitoring at facility and community levels.
- Support program teams to identify performance indicators which will best demonstrate project outputs, outcomes and impact of interventions including the Accelerating Progress in Paediatric and PMTCT (AP3) strategy and sub-population program drives.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the M&E data collection, data entry, data analysis and reporting, and supervise all sub-teams in their routine deliverables.
- Lead design of information tracking systems to monitor and report emerging public health emergencies.
- Lead design of dynamic information systems to respond to emerging intervention and donor reporting guidance.
- Lead the preparation of technical reports and communications products to reflect monitoring and evaluation results.
- Lead engagement with GON and other stakeholders to improve overall state and national strategic information systems.
- Represent the organization at high level meetings and engage with key stakeholders in the public health space.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent in the following discipline Social Science, Economics, Natural Sciences, Humanities, Statistics or related field with cognate experience.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Health Management, Management, Epidemiology, Health Statistics, Population Studies or any other relevant field.
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience working in the design and implementation of strategic information and evaluation activities in HIV or a related area with at least 5 years at a senior level.Skilled in both qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis methods. Experience working with United States Government (USG) donors, preferably PEPFAR programs.
- Ability to influence program policy and operational decisions, demonstrated by previous experience in leading the development and implementation of instruments, tools, and or protocols used in the measurement of program outcomes.
- Strong skills in word processing, Excel, and other programs used for data analyses and data presentation.
- Strong oral and written skills in English.
- Ability to work under pressure and after hours when required.
- Positive, respectful attitude at work.
- Analytical Thinking & Conceptualization.
- Good technical report writing skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
Application Closing Date
3rd August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Submit their current CV and Suitability Statement not more than 200 words indicating Position and Location in Microsoft Word format by email to: [email protected] The subject of the email should be the JOB TITLE, LOCATION AND APPLICANT FULL NAME; e.g. Director, Strategic Information SI 001 - Abuja, CLEMENTINA OGBEH.
- It is important to apply via the link and the mail, as application sent to ONLY the email address will be considered invalid.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated, if suitable applications are received
- Females and HIV community members are strongly encouraged to apply.