Arkounting Business Concepts Limited - Our client, a Medical Diagnostics company located in Surulere and Ikoyi, Lagos State, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Scientist (Entry-level)
Employment Type: Full-time
The role holder is expected to perform pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical procedures and analyses to provide data for health maintenance, diagnoses, treatment and monitoring of medical conditions.
- Correctly verify that the proper specimen is being analyzed for the correct patients and that the correct test is being performed.
- Judge the adequacy and qualities to ensure accuracy of specimens submitted for testing
- Analyze clinical laboratory specimens following the standard methods and procedures approved by the Laboratory Manager
- Confirm testing on all critical values to ensure accuracy prior to releasing of test results
- Release or report results per Laboratory Standard Operating Procedures
- Validate test reference ranges through correlation with test parameters to determine the reasonableness of test results (e.g. HGB/HCT, anion gap, platelet count/smear, dipstick/micro etc.)
- Perform and document instrument function by checking and calibrating specific lab instruments and documents data.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Laboratory Science
- 0-3 years of current experience in a clinical laboratory or in related field required.
- Specimen processing
- Quality service management
- Knowledge of laboratory
- Measurement terminology
- Knowledge of storage of reagents and chemicals within the laboratory
- Laboratory technology / Equipment management
- Weekend work required.
Application Closing Date
15th November, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.