Solidarites International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 40 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs - water, food and shelter. SI is present in North-East Nigeria since 2016 and is currently operating in 4 bases across Borno State (Maiduguri, Monguno, Ngala, and Dikwa) with outreach capacities across all BAY States through its emergency component. Currently, SI carries out emergency/post - emergency programs in WASH/FSL sector in North-West Nigeria where limited actors are currently present.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hygiene Promoter Team Leader
Location: Gusau, Zamfara
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Start Date: Projected contract duration is 3 Months – with possible extension
Goal / Purpose
- Under the direct supervision of the WaSH Activity Manager and indirectly the WASH Program Manager, the HP&CM Team Leader will oversee setting up all activities related to Hygiene Promotion including needs assessments, activities’ implementation and monitoring and project evaluation.
Setting up the activities /control and supervision:
- Plan the weekly activities for his/her team and have them approved by his/her Line Manager:
- Plan human resources needs (daily workers, workers...)
- plan tool and material needs (request from stock)
- anticipate administrative issues (requests in advance)
- Anticipate logistics issues (transport, communication means...)
- Organize and carry out, with his/her team, tasks assigned by his/her Line Manager
- Supervise and monitor each stage of activity. Ensure that standards and instructions given by his/her Line Manager, as well as Solidarités procedures, are followed
- Respect schedules and deadlines agreed upon with his/her Line Manager
- Report back any problems and constraints encountered during the activities and suggest operational solutions
Logistics and Administration:
- When recruiting daily workers, follow procedures and directives outlined by his/her Line manager and the administrative service
- Train his/her team members to use and maintain the available tools correctly
- Track usage with monitoring tools provided
- Enforce safety procedures
- Ensure that safety procedures are followed by members of his/her team
- Monitor the quality and quantity of material delivered to working sites
- Ensure the receipt and storage of material and equipment necessary for his/her work to be carried out on site
Reporting / Communication:
- Take part in weekly program meetings and clusters on request
- Keep his/her monitoring tools and files archived in the Solidarités office, accessible to his/her line manager
- Draw up and submit a weekly task report (which should include progress made by the team) to his/her line manager
- Take part in the drafting of the monthly program pack
- Establish and maintain good relations with local participants and communities (populations) in the operational fields
- Listen to the populations and local participants in the field and report to his/her line manager any non-technical or safety-related issues which could affect the activities or safety of Solidarités International teams
- Qualification: HND / BSc in Public Health, Environmental, Hygiene, Sanitation, Water, or any related field.
- Project-Related Skills: Good knowledge of the Project cycle, Project implementation, and Project follow-up.
- Professional Experience: 2 years of similar work experience (NGO or Private & Public Sector),
- Languages: English, Hausa (compulsory) or one of the local dialects (optional) is an added advantage.
- IT: Good knowledge of Office software: Excel, Word, Outlook
- Interpersonal skills: Reliable, honest, Accountable, Resistance to stress, Team Player, Good Prioritization of tasks
- Qualified females are strongly encouraged to apply
What We Offer
Salary + food & housing contribution + social benefits (medical coverage, 24 days of Annual leaves per year, compassionate leaves, public holidays as announced by the government, festive bonus, Life insurance - covering death and permanent disability) etc.
Application Closing Date
2nd February, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- On the link, Select Hygiene Promotion Team Leader, fill the form and attach your CV and motivation letter.
- The CV attached must be names with your first name and surname.