World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Infectious Hazard Management (IHM) Officer
Job ID: 2304860
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 12 months
Objectives of the Programme
- The mission of WHO's Health Emergencies Programme is to help countries, and to coordinate international action to prevent, prepare for, detect, rapidly respond to, and recover from outbreaks and emergencies.
Description of Duties
- Under the supervision and guidance of the Technical Officer-IHM, the incumbent supports the prevention and control of diseases with a high threat of pandemic and epidemic potential through coordination of prediction, outbreak investigation, characterization of infectious diseases and/or risks, and implementation of evidence-based strategies to manage outbreaks and risks.
Essential: First University Degree in Medicine, Nursing, Environmental Health or other health related fields
Desirable: Specialized training in infectious diseases or masters in Field Epidemiology or MPH.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in the planning, development and implementation of the infectious disease control and prevention program, including epidemic prevention and control, infectious risk management and/or dangerous pathogens.
- Relevant experience with interagency mechanisms used to coordinate preparedness and response to health emergencies
Use of Language Skills:
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at NGN 28,030,973 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
Application Closing Date
8th June, 2023; 10:59:00 PM
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device's system settings.