Terra Energy Services and its subsidiary companies are leading suppliers of a wide range of upstream engineering and management services including manpower supply, quality management, environmental services, facilities, project and resources management, maintenance, inspection and procurement services with distinctive capabilities in the design and execution of large-scale offshore and onshore projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Scientist
Employment Type: Contract
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive urine, blood or other samples for experimentation and analysis
- Prepare standard volumetric solutions or reagents to be combined with specimens
- Manage and operate laboratory equipment
- Test and study blood, urine and other body fluids
- Evaluate test results and prepare reports for physicians
- Maintain laboratory quality assurance and safety standards
- Guide and supervise junior staff and technicians
- Write medical articles for medical journals.
Qualifications and Skills
- Associate/Fellow of Medical laboratory Science Council of Nigeria.
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science degree.
- 5-year experience post internship OR 3-year experience post internship with Shell Health with excellent performance.
- Quality management, biosafety, infection prevention and control certificates required.
- Trained in total quality management/ experience in ISO 15189:2012 standards
- Experience in LIMS
- Experience in DQC/EQA/IQA/IQC program with sound knowledge on the applicational use of westgard rules
- A good understanding of the working principles and dynamics of laboratory analysers/ instruments
- Experience in troubleshooting, equipment calibration, verification, and validation process
- Experience and participation in laboratory/ Hospital certification/ accreditation process will be of added advantage
- Experienced in laboratory biosafety and biosecurity.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should sent their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.