Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The French Section of Medecins Sans Frontieres is recruiting for its project in Jahun, Jigawa state:
Job Title: Laboratory Supervisor
Location: Jahun, Jigawa
Contract: 208 working hours per month
- Participating in the project planning and follow-up and reviewing the laboratory budget when necessary in order to support MSF’s medical activities.
- Ensuring the compliance of MSF hygiene and safety protocols, both individually and collectively as well as informing staff of existing biological risks.
- Performing laboratory tests and carrying out sample collection (serology, hematology, biochemistry, bacteriology, parasitology ...) in accordance with prescriptions as well as ensuring that quality control tests are carried out regularly. Informing the doctor of the results of the tests and keeping a record of the analysis with data from patients.
- Ensuring proper management (cleaning, maintenance, arranging) of all laboratory equipment and the adequate supply of needed equipment and material in order to prevent stock-outs. This includes being responsible for all required automatic instrument calibration, ensuring that no material is taken out of laboratories without prior authorization and carrying out a proper storage system and conditions, inventory, etc. In cooperation with logistics department, ensuring that cold chain is properly maintained in Laboratory areas for both, samples and reagents.
- In the absence of a Laboratory Manager, ensuring proper registration and needs of all lab related activities and implementing a correct use of the associated management tool (EpyTryp. Etc.) in order to have a proper recording of laboratory activities. Preparing and sending slides/samples for external quality control
- Supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training / induction, coaching, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his / her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained. Ensuring cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols. Reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service.
- Producing regular reports on the testing and on any issues / problems related to laboratory personnel and or the material used.
Education: Medical Laboratory Science (MLS) degree or equivalent from a reputable Institution / University.
Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar position.
Essential mission language and local language
- Stress Management
- Computer Literacy: Good command of Word, Excel
Gross Salary Per Month
Application Closing Date
28th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV, Cover Letter, copies of Diploma Certificate, and contact details to: [email protected] using the "Job title" as subject of the email.
- Application is strickly via email
- Only successful applicants will be called for test and interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.