AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO, with its Headquarters based in Los Angeles, California. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is registered in Nigeria as Foundation for AIDS Care Prevention and Advocacy but collectively referred to as AHF Nigeria. AHF Nigeria works in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health to provide free HIV/AIDS services; HIV prevention and treatment (ART), capacity building and advocacy in resource constrained settings.
AHF-Nigeria currently operates in 7 states including; Benue, Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nasarawa, Kogi, Cross River, Anambra, Akwa Ibom and supports numerous clinics country wide.
The organization now seeks to hire highly competent, dynamic and experienced persons to fill the regular full-time position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
Reports to: Laboratory Scientist
- Provide laboratory support to AHF supported sites and adhere to standard laboratory protocols and guidelines in the country program.
- Participate in training and supportive visit and team building exercises for laboratory staff.
- Directly supports HIV Medics running laboratory investigations which includes handling the Partec CD4 + counter, PIMA POG CD4 counter, fully or semi automated Chemistry and Haematology analyzers, viral load sample management and ensuring the quality of routine lab assays and general laboratory services is maintained at all time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides routine and basic laboratory services for PLHIV attending the health facilities as required;
- Participate in EQA and proficiency testing activities.
- Take care, manage and organize efficiently the laboratory material/equipment.
- Reports, results of assays performed, delivers patients reports according to times indicated in policy and collection manual and ensuring strict adherence to safety procedures.
- Report all relevant information linked to the laboratory activities to the line supervisor/manager.
- Report inventory control management for laboratory supplies and reagents under AHF Nigeria for supported site.
- Ensures the compilation of monthly laboratory inventory at the supported Healthcare Centers.
- Ensure the lab equipment and materials are working optimally.
- Ensuring proper sample waste disposal according to protocols and highest safety standards.
- Ensure proper reporting and registration of patient results in order to keep a written track of activity and ensuring confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Medical Laboratory Technician.
- Experience with handling fully or semi-automated machines a must;
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in a similar position.
- Ability to write reports and communicate effectively.
- Must poses a valid license to practice as a Medical Laboratory Technician.
Certificates Licenses Registrations:
Must be duly registered with the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria and hold a current annual practicing license.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Sensitive to ethics and confidentiality of HIV / AIDS client issues.
- Possess current knowledge of best practices in HIV / AIDS laboratory management.
- Teachable and easy to adapt to new innovations.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in computer operations.
Application Closing Date
12th August, 2021 at 5:00 PM.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application (CV and Cover Letter as one document) to: [email protected] Kindly indicate the position and the Location you are applying for as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Also your application document must be saved in your full name preferably in MS Word or PDF format.