The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is a nonprofit affiliate of the University of Maryland, Baltimore established by UMB to carry out UMB’s programs to strengthen health systems and improve the human condition in the areas where UMB operates through MGIC. MGIC has UMB-approved affiliates, field offices, and program offices (collectively known as “country offices”) throughout sub-Saharan Africa.MGIC activitiesare funded generally by U.S. government entities through cooperative agreements with UMB.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Lead
Location: Wuse II, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
- The Monitoring & Evaluation Lead is responsible for the design, development and execution of project specific monitoring and evaluation frameworks and utilization of information systems to track delivery against targets, outcomes and impacts. This position will work closely with the Biostatistician and the Surveillance Lead.
- The Monitoring & Evaluation Lead will report to the Epidemiology, Surveillance and Evaluation Head of Department and will oversee the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialists.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct the plan for analysis of data collected for assessment of progress towards project targets and ensure the alignment of M&E activities with program goals
- Leads the generation of monthly indicator reports and tracking progress against key indicators.
- Guide reporting processes amongst technical leads and consolidates program reports, promote learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learnt;
- Works with the lead technical staff to integrate M&E functions into overall operations and manages directly the M&E Specialists.
- Other duties as assigned
Perform other tasks assigned by Head of Department
- Post-graduate degree in a relevant discipline, such as Public Health, Mathematics, Business, Statistics, or International Relations strongly preferred;
- M.B, B.S certificate will be an added advantage
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- 10+ years of experience designing and implementing monitoring and evaluating activities for complex programs in developing countries;
- Strong conceptual knowledge about theories of change (TOC), logic model, M&E plan, data quality assurance and data utilization and visualization
- Firm command of the M&E issues with respect to improvements in quality integrated service and support programs;
- Demonstrated experience in setting up and managing M&E systems that track performance as per the objectives of this project (e.g. service integration, performance against each funding stream);
- Demonstrated analytical skills to measure the outcomes of the project's activities and support project supervision; strong writing and organizational skills for monitoring and reporting on program and program outcomes and impacts;
Required level of proficiency in English (speaking, reading, and writing).
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: