International Conference on Health Access and Socio-Economic Development Beyond Covid-19: the first Multisectoral Approach to Solution Finding
20th to 23rd September, 2021
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The National Institute for Pharmaceutical Research and Development (NIPRD) in collaboration with its local and international partners is pleased to announce an All Stakeholders International Conference on COVID-19 (ASICC-19), scheduled to hold from 20th to 23rd of September 2021, at the Transcorp Hilton Hotel, Abuja, Nigeria.
Conference Theme: Assuring Health Access and Socio-Economic Development Beyond Covid-19
1. Global pandemics - past, present and future
2. Approaches to health research in COVID-19 and other pandemics,
3. Impacts of pandemics on human behavior – mental, psychological and emotional implications.
4. Effects of pandemics on Movement and Communication (Aviation, Marine, Road, ICT, etc)
5. Pandemics, Cultural and Religious practices - impact of practices and beliefs, approach to the future.
6. Conspiracy theories: source, drivers, impact, solution
7. Policy reforms in pandemic era – experiences, expectations and the role of government, private sectors and development partners.
8. Progress in products R&D for COVID-19:
9. Non-Pharmaceutical measures in tackling spread of diseases – supporting claims through data science.
10. Clinical studies and approvals of emergency use of investigational new drugs in pandemic era – The right approach.
11. Environmental impact of COVID-19 pandemic
12. Socio-economic impact of COVID-19 and the different geo-demography of the world.
13. COVID-19 Vaccines and treatment regimens – Strategy for the future.
14. Approach to drug designs and production in pandemics – IPR issues and ethical considerations.
15. Pandemic and rise of insecurity – lives, foods and medicines; strategy for adequate security.
16. Safeguarding and guaranteeing regional security in pandemics fueled insecurity.
17. Synergizing and harmonizing regional strategies to prevent, contain, treat and control pandemics
The National Institute for Pharmaceutical Research and Development (NIPRD) Idu Abuja, in keeping with its mandate of promoting better health for all through R&D and in pursuit of bespoke solution to the COVID-19 pandemic and future pandemics, wishes to announce a multidisciplinary, multisectoral, all-stakeholders' international conference on COVID-19 (ASICC-19). This will be the rst time an International Conference on COVID-19 of this scope and depth, will be held to exchange experiences, strategies and ideas, as well as synthesize bespoke strategies for handling future pandemic in a way that is ethical, transparent, inclusive and generally acceptable for the benefit of humanity. The Conference shall be onsite (physical) and online (virtual). A limited number of participants will be selected for sponsorship for onsite poster or oral presentation based on credible assessment of their submissions.
Abstracts are therefore invited for poster and oral presentations in any of the areas related to the subthemes mentioned above. Thus, Abstracts may be in the following or related fields of study on COVID-19:
ii. Pharmaceutical R&D and Manufacturing
iii. Sociology and psychology
vii. Aviation, marine and land/rail transport
viii. Military and security
ix. Humanitarian services
xi. International diplomacy
Deadlines and Details of Submission Process
Opening for Submission of Abstracts: June 10, 2021
Due to Popular Demand, Submission of Abstracts Deadline now extended to August 8, 2021
Notification of Accepted Abstracts: August 2, 2021
Deadline for Full Manuscript Submission: August 21, 2021
Notification of Acceptance of Full Manuscripts: August 31, 2021
Deadline for Submission of Presentation Slides: September 7, 2021
Please note that completed Transfer of Copyright (TOC) is required along with submissions.
Submission should be made online via the Event Portal at www.niprd.gov.ng/intl-conference-on-health-access-beyond-covid-19/
Submission not made ONLINE, will not be processed.
For enquiries and corporate exhibition of products and services, send an email to The Chairman, Secretariat and Programme Committee at [email protected]
Henry O. Egharevba, PhD
Local Organizing Committee Chair
+234 805 155 9005