Care Best Initiative (CBI) is a fast-growing, woman-led, and youth-driven Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) founded in 2019 and presently operational in states within North-East, Nigeria. Our objectives are to save lives, alleviate the suffering of children, women, and other vulnerable people; and maintain human dignity during and in the aftermath of man-made crises and natural disasters; as well as to prevent and strengthen preparedness for the occurrence of such situations; and to promote the right of children, women and vulnerable people in the society. Our actions are multi-sectorial inclined, gender-sensitive, and socially inclusive.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Assistant
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Employment Type: Volunteer
Duration: 6 months (extendable)
The Nutrition Assistant will work directly with the Nutrition Officer who is responsible for the implementation of CBI's Nutrition program in Damaturu.
- Provide key Nutrition education messages to beneficiaries based on the protocols and guidelines during sensitization.
- Preparation and Submission of order requests as per policies and procedures.
- Follow up and ensure the field team interacts with the beneficiaries and community leaders properly.
- Represent the organization at LGA meetings involving nutrition actors.
- Liaise and secure consent from the local authorities and beneficiaries prior to intervention.
- Working in harmony with all other project staff and field team for the effective and efficient day-to-day management of the Nutrition activities in Damaturu.
- Participate in preparing monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/ reports and proposals and budgets when needed.
- Coordinate community mobilization and sensitization of the community on Nutrition activities.
- Follow up, inspect and ensure project materials are delivered as per specified measurements at field level in a timely way, and follow up on those not delivered as per requisition.
- Coordinate with other stakeholders on the ground for smooth, efficient, and effective implementation of the activities.
- Contribute to CBI’s monthly reports for nutrition activities.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time by supervisors.
Qualification and Requirements
- Degree in Nutrition or other relevant Health fields; Public health, Environmental Health Science, or equivalent professional qualification.
- Minimum of 1 year programming experience with relevant working experience, preferably in the Nutrition sector
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, calm, and a good sense of humor.
- Very good understanding of Nutrition policies, strategies, and programs.
- Experience in community-based interventions.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and representative skills (written, oral, cross-cultural).
- Ability to work with multi-cultural teams.
- Skills in training and management.
- Proficiency in the use of computers (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint Presentation).
- Ability to speak English fluently, Hausa, and other local languages desirable.
Application Closing Date
14th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- By submitting your application for this position you agree to CBI ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse, and Child Abuse
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Care Best Initiative (CBI)provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
- This is emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Kindly attach additional certificates that support or address the requirements listed for the position in one PDF format, Cover Letter, and CV together in one Word format.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.