The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy Supervisor
Project: Abuja Coordination
Line Manager: Country Pharmacy Manager
Mission and Main Activities
Ensure general functioning of the pharmacy and supervise pharmacy supply chain processes in accordance with ALIMA’s standards, in order to ensure its efficiency and operating availability.
Function & Responsibilities
- Mission-level pharmacy management
- Supervision of the Capital Pharmacy
- Supervision of the pharmacy of projects
- Training or supervision of pharmacists in the capital and on projects
- He/her performs his duties with zeal and honesty according to the employment contract, the job description and the Internal Regulations and respects the ALIMA Charter.
General Supervision of Mission Pharmacies:
- Provide support to Pharmacy manager and MedCo in the international ordering process
- Follow-up of international orders in collaboration with logistics and pharmacy manager
- Supervision of the reception of international medical orders, unpacking, checking, storage on shelves according to established standards
- Receipt, processing of medical orders for projects, then preparation of packages and shipping in collaboration with the logistics team.
- Ensure that the chronogram of global stock inventories is respected every three months in order to prevent stock shortages and the expiry of medicines.
- Propose to the Pharmacy Manager and MedCo the lists of drugs close to expiry dates to anticipate donation or exchange between ALIMA projects in Nigeria
- Analyze the Isystock of the projects and send them to the Pharmacy Manager
Supervision of Project Pharmacies:
- Ensure monthly monitoring of project consumption through Isystock (backup and monthly analysis sheet)
- Ensure direct supervision of project pharmacies through regular field visits
- Support MedRef and the project pharmacy supervisor in the analysis of drug use in projects
- Provide ongoing training for pharmacist/drug managers on projects
- Train or supervise pharmacist/drug managers on projects in the use of all pharmacy management tools (Isystock, Stock cards, etc.)
- Train the head of the pharmacy and his pharmacy store keeper in the logic of pharmacy management (storage, control, distribution, reporting)
- Elaborate a development plan to improve certain skills of pharmacy managers (attitude, communication, initiative and proactivity etc.)
Other tasks to be done:
- Maintain constant contact with pharmacists in other organizations for possible exchanges
- Contacts with the various programs of the Ministry of Health that provide us with medicines (TB) and also with some United Nations organizations (UNICEF, UNFPA)
- Assist the Pharmacist Manager and MedCo to review the status of drugs that can currently be purchased locally on a regular basis and submit for approval.
- Ensure that there is an exchange of information on the status of stocks in Maiduguri and on projects, pharmacy management with other team members and pharmacy managers on projects
- Collect and record data and indicators for the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- In collaboration with the Pharmacy manager, take charge of obtaining import authorizations from the national authorities (NAFDAC)
- Ensure in collaboration with the logistics department that the temperatures of the refrigerators, cold chain and warehouse freezers are in compliance using standard tools, such as daily temperature control, log tag verification, freeze tags and 3M notebooks. Monthly reading of log tag and responsible for taking appropriate action before a cold chain failure in cooperation with the pharmacy manager.
Implementation of prevention measures against abuse of power, gender-based and sexual violence:
- Ensures that his/her team, partners and community members are aware of ALIMA's policy and have access to information (complaint escalation mechanism, focal point...).
- Facilitates the organization of training and awareness sessions
- Implements standards related to the prevention of abuse of power, gender-based violence and sexual violence.
- Ensures that team members and partners involved in the project (Ministry of Health, national partners, etc.) follow training and awareness sessions and apply the rules for preventing abuse.
- Contributes to creating and maintaining a nurturing and protective environment for his/her team, community members and project partners.
You meet the following qualifications:
- Degree in Pharmacy Management or Nursing-related studies or a Medical profile, registered certificate with Pharmacy Council of Nigeria
- Experience: At least 2 years in a similar position,
- Languages: English and local language essential,
- Good MS Office skills (Word, Excel),
- Competencies: Self-starter, ability to work autonomously, excellent organizational skills, flexibility, commitment, team work,
- This job profile may be modified, depending on the evolution of the work. In addition to the tasks mentioned above, the pharmacy supervisor may be required to perform other tasks assigned by the pharmacy manager according to the needs of the mission.
Application Closing Date
30th January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter, CV with a coloured picture, qualifications with contact details all in the same file to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Applications are processed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if a good application is successful.
- Only full applications will be taken into account.
- Only accepted applications will be contacted.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.