St. Mary Dedication British International High Schools is a renowned educational institution known for its academic excellence and morally upright students. St Mary Dedication British international school challenges students to develop what is finest in themselves and others, for others and themselves. We are committed to nurturing an intentionally diverse, and inclusive community that encourages students and adults to inspire and respect one another.
At St Mary Dedication British International school our guiding principle is Education for Light, Through Knowledge. Our aim is to provide a richness of opportunity for our student to excel, nurture and explore their talents without limits. That is because education goes beyond exam results, its about the complete development of the child.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Physical Health Education Teacher
Location: Sapele Road, Benin - Edo
Job type: Full-time
- To plan, develop and deliver high quality lessons using a variety of approaches, to continually enhance teaching and learning
- To be proactive in engaging with wider community opportunities and events and the organisation of educational visits and sporting fixtures relating to Physical Education, Sport and Healthy living in relation to the Secondary Academy.
- Have a thorough and up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the National Curriculum programs of study, level descriptors and specifications for examination courses and, where appropriate, Curriculum program for Post 16
- To organize games and challenges that promote physical activity among children and young adults in the school.
- Help develop motor skills and physical development among younger children and proper exercise and eating habits among older children.
- Organizing and managing team sports.
- PE teachers must also adjust their curricula to adapt to children with disabilities or different physical abilities in order to create a positive experience for all students.
- To be a co-ordinator within the PE department for out of schools clubs, activities and teams.
- This is a senior management position directly answerable to the Proprietress and school board.
- B.Sc Health Education and other related discipline
- Minimum 2 years experience in teaching
- Strong speaking and listening skills
- Ability to teach and demonstrate activities.
- Ability to observe students and maintain order.
- Additional Benefits Available
- Pension plan
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: