IQVIA is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal, Public Health - Africa
Reference ID: R1304491
Employment Type: Full Time
Key Responsibilities for this Role
- Works directly with clients to provide value added input, to develop business opportunities that will lead to revenue growth and to deliver projects built around strategic issues.
- Has responsibility for ensuring delivery of high levels of client satisfaction.
- Typically works across different countries in Africa and across different regions, in collaboration with multiple IQVIA practice and clients. Meets or exceeds assigned revenue targets.
- To facilitating exponential growth, the primary responsibility under this role is to design and implement effective strategies for account management, relationship building and lead generation from government agencies, bilateral/multilateral agencies and other public sector sources.
- Critical functions would include advocacy for positioning IQVIA as a preferred partner for Government, public sector agencies, bilateral/multilateral agencies, and INGOs including Africa CDC, Africa Union, UNICEF, WHO, Palladium, UNAIDS, Africa Development Bank, UNPFA, COHRED, DNDI, Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition, etc.
- Develops and maintains long term relationships for IQVIA with relevant stakeholders in the account, engaging with new audiences when necessary and is included in strategic or critical business discussions at head quarter and country mission levels.
- Engage with Client leadership and Senior Management to generate awareness about IQVIA, sell consulting engagements and continuously reinforce IQVIA position with this stake-holder group.
- Principal will typically carry an individual target and will also carry additional bid-team targets and will work under the supervision of Senior Principal and regional leadership to develop a business development plan and pursue it.
- Expected to deliver the targeted profitability for the “book” managed, pricing the proposals right and ensuring on-time, on-cost delivery of large multi-country, multi-year projects
- Actively oversee the engagements sold by them and/or other engagements being run, and ensure high quality delivery, leading to good client satisfaction scores
- Identify key accounts and develop relationship with key stakeholders at Ministry of Health, allied departments, state/ regional level government health departments, donors in the country, country level implementation partners and NGOs.
- Proactive target client outreach to identify opportunities for IQVIA early in design phase and work with stakeholders (government and donors) to shape these opportunities, by all fair means.
- Deliver activities for business development including writing high quality concept notes, and project proposal, in close collaboration with Public Health Practice across other geographies
- Gathers strategic intelligence regarding key donors, with a focus on understanding their priorities, funding cycles, and upcoming calls for proposals.
- Also, collate and share insights into competitive positioning, demand trends, and client feedback
- Works closely with Public Health Practice leadership to provide guidance on translating early discussions with potential partners into concept notes and project proposals.
- Also, develop internal and external communication material on the respective accounts such as project updates, value delivered, account MIS etc
- Drive participation in the client feedback process
- Contribute to the enhanced awareness of IQVIA public health in the market place, e.g. through speaking engagements, client meetings, publications etc.
- Expected to proactively continue to strengthen subject matter expertise through on the job experience, participation in conferences and symposiums and other forums for professional knowledge sharing.
- Conceptualize, manage and foster strategic partnerships to increase the share-of-voice to create high visibility and unique positioning of IQVIA as trusted healthcare advisor
- Expected to proactively mentor, coach and share subject matter expertise with others to elevate our capabilities to deliver world-class solutions for clients.
- May have responsibility for managing one or more Engagement Managers and the team below.
Minimum Education, Experience & Specialized Knowledge Required
- Master's Degree in Public Health, International Development, Health Economics and / or Finance, or a related subject.
- 15-20 years of working experience working across multiple countries in Africa for a governmental, intergovernmental and/or non-governmental organization in health sector including experience in fundraising and donor relations
- Relevant knowledge of funding procedures and priorities of Ministry of Health, Government departments, international organizations and major donors.
- Should have a flair for business development, networking and proactive outreach to the potential funders.
- Given the nature of the job maintaining personal flexibility to meet deadlines is key. Willingness to travel as required and manage many multiple tasks and client requirements simultaneously is required.
- Working knowledge of French language would be preferred
- Experience with Africa CDC, Africa Union, UN agencies, The World Bank, The Global Fund, USAID, and other large multi-laterals and iNGOs would be an asset
- IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: