International Breweries Plc is a proud part of the AB InBev family, a world's leading brewer. International Breweries Plc was incorporated in December 1971 under the name International Breweries Limited. The Company commenced production of its flagship product Trophy Lager in December 1978 with an installed capacity of 200,000 hectoliters per annum.
In December 1982, the Company embarked on an expansion programme. The company was listed on the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange in April 1995. The corporate headquarters of the Company is located in Lagos. Starting with just two brands, Trophy Lager and Beta malt, our brand offering now includes Budweiser, Hero Lager, Castle lite, Grandmalt, Eagler Lager and Eagle Stout.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Process Operator - Energy & Fluids
Location: Onitsha, Anambra
Employment Type: Full-time
Overall Purpose of the Function
To Safely operate and maintain defined Brewing equipment and process areas which have a bigger business impact with cost and consumer quality. And other related process to achieve optimal effectiveness.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Operating equipment in Energy and Fluids process areas according to VPO standards
- Constantly reviewing process performance against target, and recording short stops and correcting any out of controls using the VPO tools
- Recording waste and movement of product on the appropriate documentation or information systems. Review trends to identify & resolve problems
- Carrying out autonomous operations as defined for the process areas.
- Identify defective plant, and report these through to the Process Artisan or Team Leader to assist with resolution.
- Assisting the Process Artisan/Machine specialist in executing running repairs on shift.
- Carrying out the required quality checks and analyses and recording the results on the appropriate information system.
- The list of quality checks to be executed is contained in the work instructions.
- React to the results using the VPO tools supplied
- Actively participate in shift meetings, asking questions to test understanding and contributing suggestions. Making use of the action logs to record issues, problems, and improvement opportunities.
- Fully understand the team Dream and contribute to achieving it.
- Make use of relevant communication media (e.g. shift logbook) to stay informed and inform others of issues.
- Complete required hand over to incoming shift team members, ensuring the issues relating to plant performance, quality and maintenance are communicated.
- Manage PIMS & POMS and take corrective action on negative trends
- Use QFR's (As per triggers)
- Complete 5 WHY's (As per triggers) with relevant team members
- Contribute towards AB reports as required.
- Minimum of B.Sc ./ HND in Microbiology, Biochemistry or other related courses.
- 1 year on the job training, SKAP Completed.
Traits & Competences Required:
- Prepared to work shifts.
- The main role is to apply core competencies to achieve optimum plant and process performance.
- Manage a process area according to VPO principles and standards.
- A logical, analytical problem solver who can operate in an unstructured environment.
- A team player (prepared to communicate, listen and assist)
- Initiative and energy.
- Achievement Drive (improvement, do better than standard or what was done previously, be the best).
Application Closing Date
17th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. We are a company that promotes gender equality.
- Internal applicants require Line manager approval
- Kindly attach CV in PDF format
- Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted
- The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/ relevant information as criteria for short-listing.