EHA Clinics, a subsidiary of eHealth Africa, is a health care network operating across Nigeria that provides high-quality, innovative, data-driven, and technology-enabled services. EHA Clinics delivers a comprehensive range of state of the art health care services in each location, e.g, general consultations, laboratory investigations, pharmaceuticals, annual medical checks, child wellness checks, ultrasonography, and specialized services (urgent care, telemedicine, home care, dental care, and ophthalmology).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager, Community Health (REACH)
Department: EHA Clinics - Community Health
Reports to: EHA Clinics Chief Innovation Officer
- EHA Clinics, a for-profit subsidiary of eHealth Systems Africa Foundation, is deploying innovative technology-driven modular clinics with the ability to combine several critical accelerators to dramatically scale up comprehensive primary health care access in Nigeria.
- We seek to forge new standards in the delivery of quality health systems and to continue expansion to meet the demand for more personalized services, comfort, and convenience while broadening and deepening the services offered.
Purpose of the Position
- The Project Manager, Community Health liaises with the EHA Clinics management and medical team to manage and expand a sustainable, low-cost community healthcare delivery model accessible to individuals and families in the places they live and work.
- For Nigeria to make progress towards Universal Health Coverage, it will require an exponential increase in access to quality primary care and community healthcare services. The Project Manager, Community Health will lead an aggressive effort to reach communities with healthcare services and products, social insurance, and other products/services to improve health and well being.
- EHA Clinics community health program-REACH faces challenges on several fronts. These include low health literacy among the population, surfeit of poor quality and cheap medicines sold by vendors, low purchasing power of target population, traditional and religious barriers to western medicine, and shortage of qualified and motivated community health workers.
- Manage a team of community health nurses (CHNs), community health extension workers (CHEWs), community volunteers and marketers to deliver high-quality community-based health care.
- Actively monitor the performance of team members to ensure they meet service delivery, membership, and other program targets.
- Identify barriers to service delivery and develop strategies to overcome them.
- Rapidly and iteratively pilot CHEW initiatives in selected communities to test feasibility, acceptability, and profitability before expanding them throughout the program.
- Expand the portfolio of products and services that CHEWs will sell in the communities based on market analysis.
- Organize community health events to promote our services and memberships.
- Using the geographical boundaries, develop a clear list of potential target groups and vigorously engage them for membership enrolment and service delivery.
- Hire and supervise EHA Clinics CHW teams of nurses and CHEWs.
- Training and mentoring of service providers on sales and marketing techniques.
- Work with the EHA Clinics team to develop training programs for CHWs.
- Co-opt key opinion leaders, community leaders, community stakeholders, local and state government officials to facilitate the growth of the program.
- Regularly create social media posts and stories to increase the visibility of the program in the local and professional community.
- Assist in community-based healthcare research studies and projects by co-creating study proposals, grant applications, etc
- Maintain an adequate inventory of medicines, tests, and supplies to ensure uninterrupted service delivery.
- Other duties as assigned.
Adhere to policies and procedures.
Adhere to the EHA Clinics' code of conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited University; a Master's Degree in Public Health, Community Health or a similar field will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 3 years of outstanding work experience as a project manager with field workers, community health workers or a similar manager role.
- Knowledge and experience in implementation science and/or behavior change communication will be an added advantage.
- Fluent in Hausa and proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Understanding of medical terminology is desirable.
- Experience with administrative and accounting procedures.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with a wide variety of patients, medical staff, and caregivers
- Strong computer skills, including Google Suite, are desirable.
- Compassionate and sensitive to patients’ needs and concerns.
- Good documentation and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
Customer Service Requirements:
- Must have excellent customer service skills and communication skills
- Must be able to plan and perform daily activities in an organized manner.
- Must be kind, compassionate, dedicated and patient.
- Must have the ability to handle different kinds of emotions as well as manage on-the-job stress.
- Must be focused, very detailed and be creative in making decisions.
- Must be physically and mentally stable to handle extended shifts as well as mental pressure and traumatic events.
- Must be able to review, analyze and respond to the different situations encountered daily.
- Must be able to think critically in adapting to change, judging situations and taking appropriate decisions.
- The EHA Clinics work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The EHA Clinics operation policy does not deprive employees their fundamental human rights.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, sits; walk; stand; bend;
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, and stoop or knee sit and use a computer and reach with their hands and arms.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: