We are a leading indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes better healthcare for all Nigerians through the creation of strong and sustainable health systems, established in 2010 by Columbia University's MCAP program. The organization currently manages a bouquet of grants, including the 5-year PRPFAR-funded CDC project IRIS in Lagos, Kaduna, Kogi, and Gombe states. The Nigerian deployment of the I4HIV project aims to improve access and uptake of advanced HIV Disease (AHD) care for Children leading to better clinical outcomes for children living with HIV. Critical focus areas will be increasing the local adoption of the STOP AIDS toolkit for children aged 0-14 years and strengthening the capacity for quality HIV care and treatment services in the supported states. This will be done by leveraging on existing partnerships, relationships, and structures already operational in Gombe state. The organization currently has its Central Office in Abuja with six field offices in Nigeria. The broadened scope of the new grant has created the need for increased staff capacity around new implementation directives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager, I4HIV
Job Code: IMPAACT002
Grant Duration: Subject to availability of funds and exceptional grant performance.
Do You Have What It Takes To Join Us?
- We are an indigenous non-profit and non-governmental organization with Head Office in Abuja and field offices in several locations across Nigeria. We are in the business of saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for people living with; and affected by HIV.
- It is an organization built on strong core values, we believe strongly in commitment, innovation, inspiring leadership, and partnerships.
- We are in search of innovative, creative, and self-motivated talents with outstanding skills and proven track records in the advertised position. A reliable individual who is committed, audacious, accountable, and passionate with strong core values to work with our highly experienced team at our Head and state offices in the following capacities.
- A reliable executor who is flexible and can hit the ground running in aiding the organization achieve its goals as it aligns with saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for the most vulnerable. Qualified women and locals who meet the requirements are strongly encouraged to apply. If this typifies you, kindly read on:
- The incumbent is responsible for planning, implementation and monitoring of I4HIV implementation activities in the supported states.
- Working with the relevant the organization technical teams (CoCT, Peds/Adols, Laboratory, Prevention and SI) at Central and State Offices, Stakeholders and Government both at the National and State
- S/he will support the rapid assessment and activation of designated I4HIV sites, supporting capacity building, and developing implementation plans to increase the uptake of AHD screening for the target demographic.
- Shall provide leadership on adoption of the STOPAIDS toolkit, gender sensitive approaches to improve uptake and access to AHD diagnostics and treatment services.
- Will provide technical support in developing and implementing strategies, and support for strengthening linkages between facility and community-based AP3 interventions. Incumbent shall contribute to the development of guidelines and standards to support program implementation.
- This role will require close collaboration with the GoN-led activities for improving the health and wellbeing of adolescent and pediatric patients living with HIV.
- The incumbent will also lead technical, programmatic and administrative support to the grant, including but not limited to technical writing, data analysis, facilitating financial requests, and progress reporting and
- ensuring the judicious use of all available resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The I4HIV Project Manager will provide technical oversight to all aspects of grant implementation including rapid site assessments, site activation, capacity building, quality improvement activities and documentation of implementation outputs. Will provide technical support for the development, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of activities, strategies and policies around pediatric AHD in designated sites across the 4 states.
- The incumbent will provide programmatic support to the grant including strategic state engagement, resource and staff allocation, development of monthly and quarterly workplans and performance monitoring. The project Manager will ensure the grant enjoys a high level of stakeholder engagement and support by providing high level coordination and engagement with the Federal Ministry of Health (FMoH), the National Primary Health Care Board (NPHCB), Community gatekeepers, religious leaders and other key stakeholders for smooth program implementation throughout the grant lifecycle.
- Support the state governments to strengthen linkages and referrals between OVC, OTZ and Pediatric ART programs, working closely with other stakeholders and implementation partners active in the target states.
- The Project Manager will oversee the administrative aspects of state implementation of the I4HIV including developing logistics plans and ensuring timely retirements of financial transactions, leading partnership and networking collaboratives for sustainable resource mobilization and accountable allocation of funds for optimal program achievements.
- The incumbent will coordinate the implementation of the 0-14 AHD package of care working closely with the state governments and other members of the THE ORGANIZATION state team Leads of the AP3, Laboratory, Pharmaceutical Services, Logistics, Prevention and OVC.
- The Project Lead will ensure routine analysis and utilization of gender disaggregated data to identify gaps in access and uptake to ultimately improve service delivery of interventions to improve access and uptake of AHD screening and treatment services.
- The I4HIV Project Lead will provide technical supervision of state-led cohesive approaches and interventions geared towards holistic improvement of adolescent and pediatric outcomes in Nigeria.
- S/he would coordinate with relevant stakeholders, particularly LMCU, GHSC-PSM and related partners on security of AHD diagnostics and pharmaceutical commodities for diagnosing and treatment of opportunistic infections (OIs).
- Identify and mitigate related program challenges to increase access to AHD diagnostics services and linkage to treatment services to manage CLHIV.
- Participate at National and State Stakeholders engagement or coordinating meetings on AHD a pediatric-focused HIV program.
- Other duties as assigned as necessitated by program needs.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced Degree in Nursing / Midwifery, Medicine, Pharmacy, Medical Laboratory Sciences or any Public Health related discipline.
- At least 7 years post NYSC developmental experience with at least 3 years of supervisory, management or
- leadership responsibilities.
- Robust clinical experience in pediatric ART service provision in Nigeria. Work experience and familiarity with GoN structures in project-supported states will be an added advantage.
- Experience working in resource-constraint settings.
- Excellent grasp of clinical issues and current literature in providing relevant and age-appropriate AHD package of care and treatment for CALHIV that 0-14 years.
- Ability to work independently and among technical and non-technical teams, with strong problem-solving skills, including (but not limited to) the ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action.
- Superior proficiency in the use of Microsoft office applications and remote conferencing software.
- Experience in training and capacity building
- Excellent interpersonal skills, stakeholders’ engagement and advocacy.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Ability to speak French or any one of the major Nigerian languages will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
14th December, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Submit their current CV and Suitability Statement (not more than 200 words indicating position and location) in Microsoft Word format to: [email protected] using the JOB TITLE, LOCATION AND APPLICANT FULL NAME as the subject of the email e.g. IMPAACT002 Project Manager, I4HIV Abuja - ADESUWA NWACHUKWU.
- It is important to apply via the link and the mail, as applications sent to ONLY the email address will be considered invalid.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Qualified Locals and residents of these locations are encouraged to apply.
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival, and we reserve the right to close the advert before the term initially indicated if suitable applications are received.