EYN Projects is a non-profit, non-governmental organization with the vision to reach out to humanity and vulnerable people in a compassionate way. It was established in 2005 with support of EYN headquarters to provide help to people living and affected with HIV/AIDS. The project has since transitioned into providing services in Child Protection, Food Security and Livelihood, Gender-Based Violence, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC), Reintegration and Peacebuilding, Education, as well as continued HIV/AIDS services among others, geared towards providing humanitarian aid to the communities affected by Insurgency in the North East.
EYN Projects respects and believes in the infinite worth of every individual. We demonstrate this belief by providing humanitarian services to affected communities, equal employment opportunities, building and strengthening the skills of our staff and ensuring qualitative and effective service delivery. EYN Projects does not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, or religion in our recruitment exercise nor in our humanitarian services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Officer
Locations: Borno, Yobe and Adamawa
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 3 Months with the possibility of Extension
Supervisor: Program Manager
About the Job
The Project officer will provide technical and programmatic support to the support staff in the communities to ensure the timely provision of high-quality counselling, testing, and referrals/linkages to care, treatment, and support in the healthcare facilities.
The Project Officer will be responsible for the following, including those implied from the responsibilities stated below:
- Assist in monitoring and ensuring compliance with the funder’s policies.
- Assist in identifying hotspots, and developing heat-maps in the communities for HTS.
- Support in the development of program strategies, subproject documents, quarterly implementation plans, and activity budgets.
- Give support in ensuring availability of technical resources and integrates their efforts into overall project management.
- Keep track of the project performance and provide regular updates to the Project Manager on the implementation.
- Support in coordinating the activities of the support staff.
- Remain informed on the current program on HIV/AIDS fields implementations by ensuring strict adherence to the current best practices.
- Participate in the daily situation room meetings and provide program updates to the project manager.
- Keep track of the project progress and update the project manager on the project implementation
- Work with supervisor to oversee capacity-building activities for local implementing Agencies (IAs) in the focus states.
- Provide support to and coordinate the EYN activities within donor guidelines and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Public Health, Economics, or behavioral sciences, with 4-5 years working experience in development & humanitarian programs at the community level with at least 3-5 years experience with HIV/AIDS program planning and implementation working with public and NGO sectors required.
- Experience in project development with proven experience in the planning and facilitation of training is required.
- Proven experience in project development, planning, and facilitating technical training.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- Experience in integrated HIV care delivery.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political, and ethical issues surrounding HIV infection.
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings
- Fluency in written and spoken English communication. Fluency in the local dialect and language of the host community would be an added advantage.
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders and collaborators to share information, coordinate activities and avoid duplication in the implementation of the programs.
- Remain informed on current programs and research in the health and development field; improve skills by working closely with international prevention specialists.
- Assist in the provision of programmatic assistance to local partners in implementing their sub-agreements.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants, and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, power point and Outlook at minimum
Application Closing Date
11th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Submit their CV and Cover Letter in a single PDF Document to: [email protected]
- CV and cover letter should be uploaded in a single word document with the Applicant’s name
- For the application to be valid, EYN Projects only accepts applications with a cover letter.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Multiple submissions will be automatically disqualified.
- EYN Projects does not ask for any form of payment/compensation at any stage of the recruitment.