Prudent Effsow Commodities Limited is an Agro-processing and export entity operating in Nigeria, aimed at becoming the source of premium Agro-processed commodities to the global market. Currently starting out with Cashew Nuts, we have developed a robust operating model that gives us considerable control of our logistics, local supplies, and access to markets in America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Quality Assurance Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Responsible for ensuring our product (semi-processed cashew) meets the established standards of quality including reliability and usability required for sales, product presence and share in the international market.
Key Responsibility Areas (KRAs)
- Evaluate the adequacy of quality assurance standards
- Devise sampling procedures and directions for recording and reporting quality data
- Review the implementation and efficiency of quality and inspection systems
- Plan, conduct and monitor testing and inspection of raw materials and finished products to ensure finished product quality
- Document internal audits and other quality assurance activities
- Investigate customer complaints and non-conformance issues
- Collect and compile statistical quality data
- Perform oversight function on health, safety and environment
- Analyze data to identify areas for improvement in the quality system
- Develop, recommend, and monitor corrective and preventive actions
- Prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities
- Identify training needs and organize training interventions to meet quality standards
- Coordinate and support on-site audits conducted by external providers
- Evaluate audit findings and implement appropriate corrective actions
- Monitor risk management activities
- Responsible for document management systems
- Assure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- The job holder liaises with other staff throughout the organization to ensure that the Quality function is giving due attention.
- The job holder must ensure good manufacturing practices are always in play
- Ensure strict compliance to company policies particularly on Quality and Safety as set out in the policy manual.
- To undertake any other duties as appropriate within the competence level and general level of responsibility of the post as required by the Line Manager/Supervisor
Requirements & Person Specification
- BSc or HND holder in Microbiology, Biochemistry, or a similar discipline
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Quality control and assurance
- Female applicants will be given preference for gender balance
- Experience within the FMCG or Agro-processing Industry is required
- CDD should have good knowledge of GMP and HACCP
- Certifications in QA, QI, QC and Quality audit will be added advantage
- Must be willing to perform oversight function on HSE
- Proximity to location (Mowe) or environs is key. CDD must be willing to relocate
- Smart and enthusiastic
- Able to manage stress and work under pressure
- CDD should not be more than 30 years of age
- Good team player.
Application Closing Date
10th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.