The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Radiographer (Adhoc)
Locations: Oyo and Osun
Slots: Oyo (2) and Osun (2)
Reports to: State Lead
USAID Nigeria TB LON Region 3 Project
The TB LON Project is funded by USAID Nigeria and focuses on locally generated solutions to provide TB prevention, screening, diagnosis, treatment and notification, while addressing stigma and discrimination. The TB LON 3 project is to be implemented by IHVN to expand the provision of and increase access to TB services among formal and informal health providers through the engagement of the private sector, umbrella and local chapters of health and allied professional organizations, faith-based institutions, communities and civil society. The project is targeted at increasing the number of tuberculosis (TB) cases that are detected, treated and notified to 437,895 within the five year grant implementation period 2020 to 2025 and implemented across 4 states in Nigeria; Lagos, Osun, Ogun, and Oyo State. The project’s four intermediate results are as follows:
- Improved access to high-quality, person-centred TB, DR-TB, and TB/Human Immunodeficiency Virus (TB/HIV) services.
- Strengthened TB service delivery platforms.
- Reduced TB disease transmission and progression and
- Accelerated TB innovations with improved impact on program implementation.
- IHVN is working with a consortium of partners. Towards meeting the project set targets, IHVN and partners adopted a mixed model of community and facility based, health systems strengthening strategies and digital solutions to find TB cases.
Purpose of the Position
- The main responsibility of the Radiographer is to perform radiological duties in compliance with international standards using a mobile digital x-ray backpack unit.
- S/he will also perform selected administrative, and clerical duties that assist in the delivery of quality radiography for the purposes of screening clients for TB in a mobile environment as part of an Active TB Case Finding (ACF) & Contact Investigation team.
Specific Objectives and Duties
- Conducting screening of clients to identify presumptive TB for digital x-ray examination when applicable.
- Preparing the client for radiological procedures.
- Taking measures to protect clients, oneself and other staff from radiation exposure according to best practices and manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Taking quality diagnostic radiographs of clients according to established procedures for patient care and safety.
- Ensuring maximum of two and half minutes is spent per client for x-ray, while maintaining a repeat rate of two percent or less.
- Accurately documenting completed radiological procedures, completely and promptly
- Storing all radiographs in an easily retrievable manner.
- Ensuring that all equipment are in good working condition and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Reporting immediately any equipment malfunctions to the State Lead.
- Maintaining mobile x-ray unit, stocking necessary radiological supplies.
- Making suggestions to improve work methods.
- Serving as the Radiation Safety Officer (RSO).
- Keeping record of the dosimetry readings.
- Train new employees.
- Working closely with the other team members for the purposes of prompt diagnosis and treatment of patients.
- Performing any other tasks as directed by the State Lead.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Radiography.
- License of practice by Radiographers Registration Board of Nigeria (RRBN).
- Good computer skills, including familiar and comfortable with using MS Excel.
- Attention to details.
- Flexibility across a range of field and office related tasks
- Good attitude, self-motivated and ability to work well individually as well as in a team.
- Two years’ work experience in any radiography field.
- A license according to the state laws.
- Experience with a non-governmental organization will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
11:59 pm: 28th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to "The Deputy Director, Human Resources" via: [email protected] using the Job Title and Applicant Full Name as the subject of the email.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advanced to the next stage of the selection process.