Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the above named School for a 1-year fulltime course in Occupational Health Nursing beginning from November 2020 leading to certification and licensing by the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria as Registered Occupational Health Nurse (ROHN). The course is designed to equip Registered Nurses (RN) with the theoretical underpinnings and skills required for becoming competent Occupational Health Nurses in conserving, promoting and restoring the health of individuals and groups in diverse workplaces.
- Be Registered Nurses (RN) with current practice license of the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
- Have at least five (5) credit passes at not more than two (2) sittings in English languages, Mathematics, Physics, Biology and Chemistry from WAEC or NECO.
- Have at least one (1) year post qualification experience as a General Nurse.
- Have approval for one (1) full year of release from employers or other training schools.
- The course is offered as both residential and full time.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application form is available beginning from Monday 9th March, 2020 through the UCH SCHOOLS’ PORTAL at website https://portal.uch-ibadan.org.ng. Interested individuals are to do the following;
- Make a payment of a non-refundable fee of Ten Thousand Two Hundred Naira (N10,200.00) only through any commercial bank into University College Hospital, Ibadan T.S.A. Account- School of Occupational Health Nursing. Teller to be changed to receipt at UCH Accounts Department.
- Make a payment of another Two Hundred Naira (N200.00) only into Oyo State Nursing & Midwifery Committee Account, First Bank Plc. 2019704292.
- Present both the UCH receipt and First Bank teller for the payment of N200.00 at the School of Occupational Health Nursing to obtain a SCRATCH CARD with PIN for log in to website for online application submission.
- Go to the portal on https://portal.uch-ibadan.org.ng, download the Applicants’ User Guide and enter your PIN on your SCRATCH CARD to login and create your account.
- Follow instructions on the Applicants’ User Guide to input your data and submit your application online.
- Print 2 copies of your form and Photo card and submit for authentication at the School of Occupational Health Nursing
METHOD OF SELECTION:
- Applicants shall be notified of the date, venue and time for Computer Based (CBT) Entrance Examination through their e-mail addresses and text messages.
- Only candidates with authenticated (stamped and signed) Photo cards shall be allowed into examination venue.
- Only candidates who attain acceptable standard at the examination shall be invited for interview or considered for selection following interview.
For: Chief Medical Director