Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting a suitable candidate to join our team in the capacity below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Advisor - SMC REACH Project
Employment Type: This is a fixed term contract for the period of 5 years.
- Malaria Consortium is recruiting for a Senior Technical Advisor for the SMC REACH project. This position can be based in any of our country offices, which include Nigeria, Uganda, London, Mozambique, South Sudan, Ethiopia, Togo, Burkina Faso, Chad and our Asian offices.
- The role works across all technical aspects of SMC program activities, including quality of implementation, monitoring and evaluation (M&E). The post holder will advise on technical and approaches to SMC, ensuring that all program activities consistently contribute to the overarching aim of safely preventing malaria cases in eligible children living in areas targeted by SMC campaigns within the intended period of protection.
- The post holder will use their knowledge and specialist expertise to guide and influence technical excellence and technical direction with all relevant stakeholders. They contribute to strategic and tactical decision-making in the program through analytics, research and/or experiential learning.
- This role will provide technical support under REACH Malaria to National Malaria Control Programs (NMCPs) in the implementation of SMC, ensuring high standards of technical excellence across the program.
The successful candidate will have:
- Postgraduate Degree in a relevant discipline, for example Medicine, Disease Control, Epidemiology or Public Health
- Extensive experience in the implementation of communicable diseases control programs within government, a public sector agency, a not-for-profit organisation or research institution
- Extensive experience of field work in developing countries, in particular in Africa
- Experience at senior level providing technical support or technical assistance to projects or programs
- Experience of engaging with high-level country, regional and global stakeholders to inform policy and practice
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- This role is conditional of Malaria Consortium securing funding for this role.
- Due to the nature of this role we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and the role might be filled and closed before the closing date. Early applications are encouraged.