Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Strategic Information Advisor
Job ID: 2023-4913
Job Type: Full-time
Category: International Positions
- The Senior Strategic Information Advisor will support the RISE project, Support of Strategic Information Activities.
- S/he will provide technical assistance and capacity building to the SI team and its stakeholders in the development of and implementation of data analysis, use, and dissemination strategy.
- S/he will additionally design strategy and activities to improve capacity on triangulating data from multiple data sources to inform policy and decision-making.
- S/he will contribute to the design of robust, user-friendly, high-quality interfaces for data visualization and data dissemination to enhance district-led and nationally supported evidence-based programming for improved understanding of HIV burden across interventions (95-95-95 cascade).
- S/he will additionally provide technical assistance to design and implement strategy to build capacity of M&E systems to oversee data quality and data use for decision making (including capacity building of M&E staff).
- Provides technical support for the collection, analysis, triangulation and interpretation of data and the calculation of programmatic, surveillance, demographic and epidemiological indicators;
- Contributes to the analysis of correlations between coverage rates and disease incidence rates;
- Contributes to the identification and analysis of data from multiple sources in order to identify national and sub national trends and risk factors by population group;
- Reviews and enhances systems for the analysis, triangulation, interpretation, dissemination and utilization of data from multiple sources (routine, survey, surveillance and vital statistics among others) for policy making;
- Engages in discussions with health informatics staff to design robust, user-friendly, high-quality interfRISEs within the integrated Health Information Systems for data dissemination and data utilization;
- Support the director of strategic information in the development of project PMP and standard operating procedures (SOPs) related to data management, collection, aggregation and data quality assessment and QA/QI to guide state level activities
- Support the process of establishing and management of an instance of DHIS2 that will warehouse facility-level data for all RISE States and facilities
- Facilitates training/workshops related to data analysis, dissemination and use of information;
- Identifies and strengthens regular national- and district-level platforms for evidence-based programing, including the establishment of a program performance review meeting;
- Ensure compliance to donor reporting requirements into DATIM and other formats for high frequency reporting
- Provide technical leadership to SIO on all M&E related issues.
- Support program reporting to donors and GON
- Performs other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Master's Degree in Public Health, Statistics, Epidemiology, Geography and other related areas with 8 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation in international development related to HIV/AIDS comprehensive services
- 5 years practical or demonstrable experience in monitoring and evaluation or data management.
- Experience in providing M&E support to programs working with key populations including one or more of the following is preferred: sex workers, men who have sex with men, transgender persons and people who inject drugs
- Previous experience working with USAID or PEPFAR-supported programs including familiarity with USAID M&E reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to be the technical specialist and as the lead subject matter expert in monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex data analytics utilizing Microsoft Excel, STATA, Epi Info and/or other analytic software and to provide evidence-based recommendations accordingly.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the use of GIS and other tools to support geo-spatial display of data to target program interventions and resources.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to perform robust data extraction from internal and external information systems.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public health sector, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to portray complex data sets in easy to understand formats including visualizations.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Nigerian health and social service information systems and monitoring and evaluation processes as it relates to data collection for performance-based reporting and use of data.
- Previous experience in building capacity for generation and use of SI.
- Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organizational skills in English
- Ability to travel within Nigeria.
NGN875,000 - NGN960,000 Monthly Gross
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: