The Federal Polytechnic, Offa is inviting application from suitably qualified candidates into its Full-Time Higher National Diploma (HND) programmes for 2021/2022 academic session.
Details are as follows:-
A. TWO YEAR HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND) MORNING PROGRAMMES
The under listed two (2) years Full-Time programmes leading to the award of Higher National Diploma are available in the Institution viz;
1. SCHOOL OF APPLIED SCIENCES AND TECHNOLOGY
i. Computer Science
ii. Food Technology
iii. Science Laboratory Technology
a. Biochemistry option
b. Chemistry option
c. Environmental Biology option
d. Microbiology option
e. Biology/Microbiology option
f. Chemistry/Biochemistry option
g. Physics with Electronics option
2. SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT STUDIES
ii. Banking & Finance
iii. Business Administration
3. SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATION AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
i. Library and Information Science
ii. Mass Communication
iii. Office Technology and Management (CTM)
4. SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
i. Computer Engineering Technology
ii Electrical & Electronics Engineering Technology:
a. Electronic & Telecommunication Engineering option
b. Power and Machine Engineering option
iii. Mechanical Engineering: a. Manufacturing Engineering option b. Power and Plant Engineering option iv. Civil Engineering
5. SCHOOL OF ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES
i. Architectural Technology
ii. Building Technology
iii. Quantity Surveying iv. Estate Management & Valuation
B. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND) MORNING PROGRAMMES
The entry requirements for all Higher National Diploma (HND) programmes are as follow:
- Candidates are required to Possess National Diploma (ND) in their chosen programme at a grade NOT below LOWER CREDIT classification from a recognized/accredited Programmes, Polytechnic or Monotechnic.
- SSC, GCE ()level with at least five (5) credit passes in relevant subjects including English Language & Mathematics obtained at not more than two (2) sittings.
- The National Technical Certificate (NTC) or National Business Certificate (NBC) with credit level pass in a trade plus four relevant academic subjects which must include English Language and Mathematics.
- Candidates are required to have at least one year post National Diploma Industrial Training experience.
Candidates with PASS grade at the ND are eligible for consideration for admission provided they have minimum of two (2) years post Industrial Training experience.
Every applicant for the Polytechnic HND Programme who did not obtain his/her ND from The Federal Polytechnic Offa are required to forward a copy of his/her National Diploma Transcript to the Office of the Registrar, within Eight (8) weeks from the date of this advertisement.
For details on the entry requirements peculiar to each of Higher National Diploma (HND) programmes, candidate should visit this Polytechnic Portal www.fpo.edu.ng
PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY FALSE/WRONG DATA ENTRY WILL LEAD TO AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION OF THE CANDIDATEATANYTIME SO DISCOVERED.
All candidates are enjoined to visit this Polytechnic's Portal www.fpo.edu.ng for appropriate entry requirements for programmes of their choice and other relevant information.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- To apply online for HND (Full-Time) programmes, candidates are to log in to www.fpo.edu.ng to pay a processing fee of Fifteen Thousand Naira only (#15,000) and click on Admission to complete the application processing form, no other charges shall be required. Payment will be made with an ATM card that is Interswitch compatible.
- To apply for Part-Time ND programmes, candidates are to first proceed to the JAMB Zonal offices nearest to them to complete the JAMB APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION OF PART TIME CANDIDATE AND BIO DATA CAPTURING AFTERTHE PAYMENT OF Application fee of #3,500 to JAMB, print out a copy of the form which MUST be submitted at the Admission Office of the polytechnic at the Main Campus and then proceed to the Polytechnic website www.fpo.edu.ng to pay a processing fee of Fifteen Thousand Naira only(#15,000) and click on Admission to complete the application processing form, no other charges shall be required. Payment will be made with an ATM card that is Interswitch compatible. Please note that any Candidate who do not comply with the above method of application cannot be offered admission into The Federal Polytechnic Offa as their data will not be on Jamb Central Admissions Processing System (CAPS), where admissions are processed.
- Candidates are to also upload scanned copy of their certificate (s)/resuft(s) and other required documents as stated online.
- Candidates must arrange their names properly as on their &level results or certificates for HND candidates, with the surname first and must be fully written as no abbreviations will be allowed 5. HND Applicants MUST state the location of their ND institution, the exact year(s) of their IT and the name of the department their ND.
All candidates are to upload their results, certificates/credentials on the portal of the Polytechnic www.fpo.edu.ng. Candidates mustalso fill the securityform on the Polytechnic portal. NOTE that failure to comply with this procedure, leads to disqualification of such candidate and false claims shall lead to forfeiture of the admission at anytime same is discovered.
CLOSURE OF APPLICATION FORALL PROGRAMMES IS MONDAY 1ST OF NOVEMBER 2021
Please note that any false/wrong data entry will lead to automatic disqualification of the candidate at any time so discovered. Also note that successful candidates will undergo a verification of certificate(s) All candidates are enjoined to visit this Polytechnic's Portal www.fpo.edu.ng for appropriate entry requirements for programmes of their choice and other relevant information.
Mr. Adetunji Oni
Registrar & Secretary to Governing Council