The University at Maiduguri Teaching Hospital wishes to inform the general public that forms into the schools mentioned below are available for interested candidates for 2022/2023 academic session:
1. SCHOOL OF NURSING (SON)
2. SCHOOL OF POST BASIC PERI OPERATIVE NURSING (SPBP)
3. SCHOOL OF POST BASIC CRITICAL CARE NURSING (SPBCCN)
4. SCHOOL OF COMMUNITY HEALTH OFFICERS TRAINING PROGRAMME (SCHOTP) HIGHER DIPLOMA PROGRAMME
METHOD OF APPLICATION
A) All the schools:
i)Applicant; should possess five (5) credits in SSCE, WAEC, and NECO which must include English language, Mathematics, Biology, Physic, and Chemistry in not more than two (2) sittings Combination of WAEC and WAEC,. NECO and NECO and WAEC AND NECO are acceptable at not more than two sittings. National Business and Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB) is also acceptable in not more than two (2) sittings but cannot be combined with either WAEC OR NECO.
ii) Applicants; for school of Nursing must be between seventeen (17) and twenty four (24) years of age. iii)SPBPON and SPBCCN; in addition to (I) above.
a) Candidates must be a registered nurse and possess a current practicing license by the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
b) Candidates must have a minimum of two (2) years post registration experience.
iv) CHOTP: in addition to (I) above.
a) Candidates must have diploma in community health, with two (2) years post qualification experience
b) Community health extension workers with (5) years post qualification experience
B) DURATION OF COURSES
- School of Nursing (SON) 3 Years
- School of Post Basic Peri Operative Nursing (SPBPON) 1 Year
- School of Post Basic Critical Care Nursing (SPBCCN) 1 Year
- Community Health Officers Training Programme (SCHOTP) Higher Diploma Programme 2 Years
C. Application Forms Fee (Non Refundable)
1. SON – N6,000
2. SPBCCN – N15,000
3 SPBON – N15,000
4. CHOTP – N5,000
D. Date if Sales and Submission of Application Forms
1. SON – 5th May to 30th June, 2022
2. SPBCCN – 5th May to 31st July, 2022
3 SPBON – 5th May to 31st July, 2022
4. CHOTP –5th May to 12th July, 2022
All completed application forms should be returned to the coordinators’ / principal’s not later than the dates stated above.
Completed application forms must accompany with;
a). Two (2) recent passport photographs on a white background.
b). Photocopies of all credentials.
c). Indigene certificate and birth certificate or declaration of age.
All enquire should be directed to the admission’s office through their various schools (SPBCCN); 07036491443, (SPBPON); 08067853503, (CHOTP); 08065303046, 08023677361, (SON); 07035459966, 08021461715; 08022662635 or [email protected] . Candidates may also visit www.umth.org.ng for online application.
E) Selection / Examination Process;
The entrance examination and interview will be conducted on dates stated below:
1. SON – 19th July, 2022
2. SPBCCN – 1st to 5th Aug, 2022
3 SPBON – 1st to 5th Aug, 2022
4. CHOTP – 18th to 22nd Aug, 2022
- Successful candidates will be invited for interview.
- All payment should be made into UMTH REMITER platform “UMTH SCHOOLS ACCOUNT”
- Candidates are to present original and photocopy of evidence of payment to the school cashier and obtain hospital receipt and use same to collect application form.
University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital
P.M.B. 1444, Maiduguri Borno State, Nigeria
(School of Health Information Management)
ADMISSION INTO 2022/2023 ACADEMIC YEAR NATIONAL DIPLOMA/HIGH ER NATIONAL DIPLOMA PROGRAMME
The University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital wishes to inform the general public that admission forms into the above named school are available for interested candidate for 2022/2023 academics session.
I. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
Candidates for admission into the Nations Diploma(ND) programme must possess:
- Minimum of five (5) credits (English language, Mathematics, Biology/Health Science and any other two subjects) in not more than two sittings in WASC/SSCE or its equivalent
- Evidence of 2022 JAMB examination result with acceptable cut off mark in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) in the relevant subjects.
Candidates for admission into Higher National Diploma (HND) programme must possess;
- Minimum of five (5)credits with which must include (English, Mathematics, Biology and any other two sicence subjects)in not more than two sittings in WASC/SSCE or its equivalent.
- National Diploma Certificate in Health Information Management (HIM) with a minimum of lower credit.
- Evidence of previous JAMB admission and completion of one year relevant work experience or an employee in a reputable heath institution.
- Evidence of completion of one year relevant work experience or an employee in a reputable health institution
- Release/advisory letter from employers to prospective candidates to further study will be an added advantage.
2. APPLICATION FORMS FEE (NON - REFUNDABLE):
Five thousand naira only (N5, 000.00)only. HND programme
All payment should be made into UMTH REMITA platform ‘UNTH SCHOOL ACCOUNT present evidence of payment to the school cashier and obtain hospital receipt and use same to collect form.
3. DATE OF SALE AND SUBMISSION OF FORMS
The sales and submission of forms for the 2022/2023 academic session will begin from 5th May - 5th July, 2022. All completed application forms should be relined to the principal’s office not Liter than the dates stated above.
4. SELECTION EXAMINATION DATE: The selection examination date will be announce later
NOTE: Any HND candidates that present with 2022 JAMB results will be disqualified for admission.
All enquiries should be directed to:
The principal (08039234527)
School of Health Information Management UMTH, Maiduguri
Prof. Chubado Tahir (DCMAC (Training)
For: Chief Medical Director