The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: iCCM Technical Advisor
Reference ID: R936
Employment Type: Full Time
- The objective of the iCCM Technical Advisor position is to coordinate public and private sector stakeholders for quality implementation of iCCM in state.
- The position will support all iCCM related activities, including development of iCCM work plans, selection and training of iCCM service providers, data management, supervision, and documentation in line with Nigeria National iCCM guidelines.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate implementation of ICCM activities with the state malaria lead and SMEP.
- Ensure that the iCCM program is utilizing standard FMOH iCCM policies, guidelines and training materials.
- Lead the development of iCCM work plans that are integrated into the state malaria work plans. Work to integrate iCCM with other child survival programs, particularly with nutrition programs and state Saving One Million Lives program.
- Coordinate all iCCM related trainings, data collection, supervision, and DQA, working in close collaboration with the STML, SMEP and Child Health Unit of the SMOH.
- Ensure information on iCCM trainings, supervisions and service data are entered into iCCM database in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with iCCM Data Officer on data management and ensure that iCCM indicators are adequately tracked and reported.
- Work with relevant partners to link demand creation in the community for iCCM and health services in facilities.
- Represent MSH in relevant iCCM activities such as iCCM meetings, and stakeholders’ meetings at the state level.
- Support the state team to conduct supervisory visits to iCCM service providers to assess progress, ensure quality services are provided, and address implementation challenges.
- Ensure that iCCM supervisors conduct monthly supervision, submit iCCM reports and participate in review meetings.
- Support other activities such as linking iCCM providers with sources of quality assured commodities.
- Collaborate with other members of the state project team to advance PMI-S agenda.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- MPH or Bachelor's Degree in Public Health or a Health related field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in program implementation in the field of malaria, iCCM, SMC or IMCI.
- Deep knowledge of capacity challenges, needs and opportunities of community based interventions
- Familiarity with iCCM/Volunteer Community Mobilizers/Community Drug Distributors international best practices and Nigeria iCCM/ Volunteer Community Mobilizers/Community Drug Distributors national guidelines, training packages, supervision, data collection processes and tools, and reporting.
- Experience with community level health interventions, including demand creation, community health systems strengthening or service delivery
- Willingness to travel to hard-to-reach areas in project location.
- Basic Community M&E experience and experience with basic database management,
- Computer literate: Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Deep experience working in Northern Nigeria especially in security compromised settings
- Fluency in English.
- Proficiency in the local language is mandatory.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: