SOS Children's Villages Nigeria (SOS CV Nigeria) is one of 136 Member Associations working under the umbrella of SOS Children’s Villages International, an international non-governmental social development organization. We have been active in Nigeria since 1973, with footprints across the country in: Isolo (Lagos State), Owu-Ijebu (Ogun State), Jos (Plateau State) Ibadan (Oyo State), Kaduna (Kaduna State) and Gwagwalada, (Federal Capital Territory).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Animal Husbandry Supervisor
- The incumbent will be responsible for day-to-day care, selective breeding and the raising of livestock.
- He/She will monitor animal care, maintenance, or breeding; or packing and transfer activities to ensure work is done correctly.
- He/She will train workers in animal care procedures, maintenance duties, and safety precautions.
- He/She will ensure feeding and treatment of animals, and cleaning and maintenance of animal quarters.
- Prepare reports concerning facility activities, employees’ time records, and animal treatment.
- Establish work schedules and procedures.
- Plan budgets and arrange for purchase of animals, feed, or supplies.
- Consult with the Project Manager to determine production requirements, conditions of equipment and supplies, and work schedules.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- HND / BSc Degree in animal production, Veterinary Sciences with specialization in Ruminants breeding and production or any related field;
- Relevant experience in the production and animal breeding technical assistance programmes or projects;
- Relevant experience in food and nutrition security, agriculture and rural development
- Minimum of 5 years similar proven experience within an INGO
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: