We are an indigenous non-profit and non-governmental organization with head office in Abuja and field offices in several locations in Nigeria. We are in search of highly skilled, dynamic, committed, bright individuals with good work ethics and high level of integrity to work with our highly experienced team. If your energy for our vision of saving lives, along with technical skills match our need to keep delivering a Program that continues to strengthen the health system in Nigeria then apply if the position suits your skills and abilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate Director EPI – Surveillance Outcome and Research
Job Code: SIU ABJ 0014
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Facilitate and provide technical guidance for conduct of program evaluations, survey / surveillance, development of manuscripts, and publications in line with outcome evaluation and science guidance for organization and Funders.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- The position holder will be responsible for coordinating and developing appropriate framework for geo spatial mapping using Key Performance Indicators in line with the MER 2.5 indictors reported to USG / CDC / PEPFAR DATIM, NDR and SHIELD portals to support thematic areas of PMTCT, HTS, TB, OVC, Adult and pediatric ART in planning.
- S/he will also be responsible for reviewing, validating and conducting completeness, consistency and reliability of evaluation data in line with approved evaluation protocols.
- S/he will be responsible for annual science and surveillance progress and performance analysis for program implementation and monitoring.
- S/he will support and conduct program predictive analysis and triangulation of program output data to guide concentration of program efforts and rapid response strategies to achieving epidemic control.
- The position holder will work all technical teams to improve evaluation and research components of the program, and strengthen the core evaluation teams for USG and non-USG focused grants.
- S/he will also lead proposal development for research based grants and work with the office of the CEO and leadership to determine areas of research to increase knowledge and publications in organization's areas of work; identify sources of funding, development of related funding proposals and submit funding applications.
- S/he will support the request and processing of ethical approvals for proposed research and program evaluations in line Global, National and Donor standards.
- S/he will plan, lead and be responsible for management of Key Performance Indicator data analytics and coordinate high level data analysis for publications, surveillance and surveys including ongoing National surveillance projects such as HIV Recency Surveillance, the Mortality Surveillance (MS) and Case Based Surveillance (CBS); lead outcome data analysis and interpretation, draw inferences and conclusions, and share/publish results using appropriate platforms.
- S/he will present research results to the board and funders using appropriate dissemination methods and media.
- S/he will lead in capacity building of team and larger team members in research methodology, data management and analysis, and other related areas.
- S/he will support and facilitate capacity building sessions on the use of current data analysis tools and packages for the core evaluation team and expanded program team, and provide support to expand internal capacity across supported states.
- S/he will be expected to carry out any other duties assigned.
- The position holder will support teams to represent organization at Government of Nigeria officials, donors and partner organizations engagements in relation to strategic information activities particularly on Research, Surveys, Surveillance and outcome evaluations.
- Degree in Medicine, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Medical Statistics, Public Health, International Health or related field 10+ years working experience in a similar position.
- Master’s degree in Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Public Health, International Health Management, Big Data science, Computer Science or Management with research bias will be an advantage.
- Experience in the design, implementation and management of Surveys, Surveillance and evaluations.
- High- level computer skills using MS Excel, MS Access, SPSS and/or SAS and Epi-Info Windows.
- Strong data management and analysis skills including knowledge of best practices for data visualization and presentation.
- Advanced knowledge of procedures for securing local and international ethical approvals for publications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Application Closing Date
24th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Submit their Current CV and Suitability statement not more than 200 words indicating position and location in Microsoft Word format by email to: [email protected] The subject of the email should be the JOB TITLE, LOCATION, AND APPLICANT FULL NAME; e.g. "COM01 Abuja, JOHN BULL".
- It is important to apply via the link and the mail, as an application sent to ONLY the email address will be considered invalid.
- Residents of the Location(s) stated and its environs are encouraged to apply and will be given priority.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if suitable applications are received.