Following the resolution of the House of Representatives mandating the Joint House Committees on Healthcare Services, Health Institutions & Justice to conduct a Two Day Public Hearing on A Hill For An Act To Repeal The Quarantine Act And Enact The Control Of Infectious Diseases Act, Make Provisions Relating To Quarantine And Make Regulations For Preventing The Introduction Into And Spread In Nigeria Of Dangerous infectious Diseases, And For Other Related Matters (HR.8:36).
In this regard, we are hereby inviting memoranda from the public and particularly from the under listed stakeholders:
- Nigerian Governors Forum.
- Federal Ministry of Health.
- Federal Ministry of Justice.
- Federal Ministry of Women Affairs.
- Chief Justice of Nigeria.
- World Health Organization (WHO).
- Association of Local Government of Nigeria (ALGON)
- Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC)
- National Primary Healthcare Development Agency (NPHDA).
- National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS).
- National Agency for Food Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC).
- National Human Right Commission.
- Nigerian Institute of Medical Research, Yuba.
- Nigeria Medical Association (NMA).
- Medical and Dental Consultant Association of Nigeria.
- Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria
- National Association of Resident Doctor (NARD)
- Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria
- Board of Community Health Practitioners Council
- Medical Laboratory Council of Nigeria
- Pharmacy Council of Nigeria
- Optometry Council of Nigeria
- Nigeria Bar Association (NBA)
- Nigeria Police Force (NPF)
- Nigeria Immigration Services (NIS)
- Nigeria Union of Allied Health Professional (NUAHP)
- Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN)
- Jama’atu Nasril Islam (JNI)
- Nigeria Union of Journalist (NUJ)
- College of Pathologist of Nigeria
- Traditional Rulers of the 6 Geo-Political Zones
- Traditional Medicine Association of Nigeria
- National Association of Epidemiologists
- Nigeria Agriculture Quarantine Service
- National Association of Microbiologists
- National Association of Chemists
- National Association of Nigeria Nurses and Midwives (NANNAM)
- Public Health Practitioners
- Association of Airline Operators
- Port Health Workers
- Shippers Council of Nigeria
- Vessel Owners Association
- Magistrate Associatin of Nigeria
- Lab. Scientist Association of Nigeria
- African Union through African Centre for Disease Control
- Dangote Foundation
- Pharmaceutical Association of Nigeria
- National Council of Women Society (NCWC)
- Representative of Coalition of Civil Societies (CSOs)
- General Public
The Committee would also appreciate inputs from the intellectual class such as the Universities and Research Insitutions
We humbly request that you send one (1) soft copy in a flash drive and fifty (50) hard copies of each typed memorandum which should be addressed to the Deputy Director/Clerk Joint Committees on Healthcare services, Health Institutions & Justice in H102, after Committee Rom 17, 1st Floor, white House, House of Representatives Wings, National Assembly Complex, Abuja not later than Monday 1st June 2020. Receipt of Memoranda will end on Friday 5th June 2020. While the public Hearing will commence as follows:
Date: Wednesday 10th and Thursday 11th June 2020
Time: 10am daily
Venue: Conference Room 028, Zero Floor, New Building, of Representative Wing, National Assembly Complex, Abuja
Please note that the public Hearing will be conducted in line with COVID-19 Nigeria Centre for Disease Control
(NCDC) guidelines with strict adherence to wearing of face mask and observance of physical distancing
The general public is also advised to follow the public hearing on the following social media Accounts: YouTube live, Facebook and Twitter.
Hon. Dr. Yusuf Tanko Sununu
Chairman House Committee on Healthcare service
Hon. Pascal Obi
Chairman House Committee on Health Institution
Hon. Ugonna Ozuruigbo
Chairman House Committee on Justice
For further details contact the Deputy Director/Committee
Clerk, Mrs. Joyce Anietie Umoren on 08065923157