Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF) is a non-governmental organization dully registered with Nigerian government through Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC/IT NO: 91613). Existing since October 2016, AHSF focuses on improving the quality of life of vulnerable population across communities in North East Nigeria. AHSF operates both in emergency and developmental context and have its program principally rooted in identifying gaps that affects population or increases vulnerability of population and bridging those gaps through resource base planning and implementation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Clinical Supervisor
Locations: Rann, Jere & Mungono - Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Expected Resumption Date: As soon as possible
Number of Openings: 3 (1 per location)
This position will be responsible for the management of health services through the provision of clinical services.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide services to Key Populations in line with current World Health Organization (WHO) recommendations and national guidelines.
- Train staff on medical protocols including hygiene protocols
- Ensure use and respect of medical protocols through observation and supervision of medical and paramedic’s staff
- Implement regular on-the-job trainings and supportive supervision according to a weekly/monthly schedule
- Train and supervise CHW working in mobile clinic areas.
- Establish mechanisms of providing regular weekly/monthly feedback on statistics and health activities to Clinic Staff
- Plan and implement thematic capacity building or specific trainings according to the identified needs for staff.
- Participate in establishing/improving referral system
- Supervise drugs stock management in mobile clinics and OTP.
- Work in close collaboration with the medical trainers to ensure comprehensive on-the-job training for each of the specialties: PHC, EPI, Nutrition, LAB,
- Oversee and support the implementation of best practices introduced by trainers and HPC.
- Act as focal point for liaison with community leaders and representatives in clinic area of operation
- Lead on coordination with other actors, including UN, INGO and GoN, in clinic area of operation
- Provide regular, timely updates to Health Coordinator and Deputy health coordinator.
- Collection and analysis of health & pharmaceutical data.
- Ensure the implementation of data collection protocols, working closely with the database officer and HPC.
- Ensure accurate collection of HF data.
- Monitor the drugs consumption by establishing/maintaining mechanisms of consumption record and inform the Health Program Coordinator and Pharmacist in case of any unusual consumption, or stock shortages
- Identify and rectify gaps or weaknesses in medical activities by using monitoring and supervision tools
- Ensure rapid communication of suspect communicable disease to HPC
- Developing coherent project implementation strategy
- Assist in preparing and implementing operational action plan for MC and/or OT component in collaboration with coordination team.
- Provide PrEP for eligible Key Populations in line with the national PrEP guidelines.
- Supervises the team to ensure high quality service delivery in the community according to the current National guideline.
- Coordinate monthly review of OSS clinical operations and achievement using data generated from preceding month. (Report of monthly review meetings).
- Assist in the implementation of the project activities in collaboration with project coordination team
- Assist Health Program Coordinator and Deputy Health coordinator in preparing data collection tools as well as medical and paramedics protocols.
- Reporting and attendance to different meetings
- Operational Management of Clinic team.
- Manage supervise and coordinate activities of all field support staffs ensuring presence, accountability, reporting, data collection and submission.
- Updating team on any development from base (Maiduguri).
- Report any issue relating to misconduct with HR team.
- Daily supervision of SCHEW, JCHEW, CHV, TBA and NURSES.
- Tracking activities of team members.
- Ensure time sheet, attendance are filled and signed daily and monthly
- Organize the weekly schedule of the Clinic team to ensure the smooth running of the activities
- Ensure that Clinic medical and paramedics staff respect their assigned tasks
- Provide strong leadership to ensure Clinic staff understand and work according to AHSF principles.
- Prepare weekly activities report to submit to the Deputy Health Coordinator
- Compile epidemiological reports for inclusion in medical reports or any other relevant reports
- Support the pharmacist to compile drug consumption report per month.
- Participate in a pro-active way to internal meetings (medical, security).
- Must possess a Medical Degree (MBBS, MBChB, or MBBCh) from a recognized institution.
- Possession of an advanced degree/education in a Public Health, or HIV related field would be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of the vision 95-95-95 UNAIDS strategy.
- Three years’ post NYSC experience in the direct provision of Anti-Retroviral Therapy (ART) services according to National guideline, the use of VL result to monitor PLHIV treatment outcome in an integrated community health centre setting according to national guideline.
- Familiarity with community and facility based SRH, treatment and retention strategies.
- Knowledge of current national and global SRH standards and licensure requirements.
- Not less that 5 years of working experience both Public Health care parastatal, NGO, INGO.
- Familiarity with Nigerian current National guidelines for prevention, treatment, and care.
- Familiarity and Proficiency in the completion of all National patient management monitoring (PMM) tools during service provision.
- Proven ability to work in a team with people of different cultural, religious background, lifestyles, and sexual orientation.
- Treat beneficiaries with dignity and apply NHF Code of Ethics and Conduct, the UN Convention for the Elimination of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW) and the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) in the field, including sensitizing Field Staffs and vendors/agents on such principles.
Skills and Competency Required:
- Good relationship management/ advocacy skills
- Advanced knowledge of and experience using MS office packages including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook among other
- Must possess good data analysis, report writing, interpretation, and presentation skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership/mentoring skills, supervisory and good interpersonal skills
- Patient counselling.
- High level of integrity and adherence to professional ethics
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize workflow to tight timeframes
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail and ability to follow up on tasks to completion
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a good listener that is easy to talk to.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time by supervisors.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF).
- As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF)’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards.
- Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Application Closing Date
9th December 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- AHSF is an Equal Opportunity Employer AHSF considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
- Women are strongly encouraged to Apply.
- The AHSF and AHSF workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in AHSF - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Transparency, Accountability, Partnership, Integrity, Team work (TAPIT).
- In accordance with these values, the AHSF operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse PSEA, Child Safeguarding, Anti Monetary Laundring Policy, Anti-Fraud, Core Humanitarian Sphere Principles, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
- Albarka Health Spring Foundation is an equal opportunity programme that welcomes applications from qualified professionals. We are committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, care protected characteristics.
- As part of their adherence to the values of AHSFV, all AHSF Intern and Volunteers commit themselves to combat any form of discrimination, and to promoting respect for human rights and individual dignity, without distinction of a person’s race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other state.