The flagship SKIN101 CENTER is a full spectrum cosmetic medical and surgical facility with a medical spa, Dermatology clinic and plastic surgery unit all under one roof. Our focus is diagnosing and treating cosmetic and non-cosmetic skin conditions in all ages and also improving and enhancing physical appearance. We understand that people want to look as good as they feel and feel as good as they look. SKIN101 brings a unique and holistic approach to looking and feeling good by providing highly individualized and customized plans that utilize a single treatment, or combination of treatments across board from the variety of aesthetic, anti-aging and surgical options available at the facility. Our wide range of services are world standard, using the latest technology and science with astute professionals, to meet even the most difficult needs and the most challenging cases.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cosmetic Chemist
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a talented Cosmetic Chemist to develop new formulae as well as optimize and/or reformulate existing ones.
- The Cosmetic Formulation Chemist is responsible for independently identifying and developing innovative technology to create novel natural skincare projects for new launches, line extensions, and product renovation.
- They should be comfortable formulating with natural raw materials and working with various natural and organic certification standards depending on the project goals.
- The person would be responsible for the development of new cosmetics/skincare products or modifications of existing ones with minimal supervision.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively develops commercially feasible new skincare products or modifies existing ones.
- Designs & conducts experiments requiring the selection of equipment & materials for the delivery of the project.
- Follows projects from prototype development through manufacturing. Contributes to establishing manufacturing procedures.
- Assures that all testing to guarantee a marketable final product is on schedule. Precisely measure product characteristics and make timely recordings of the results.
- Identifies technical learnings, issues and solutions for all projects, provides suggestions on all experiments and technicalities.
- Maintains clear and accurate records of formulations, procedures, observations, results
- Conducts stability testing and troubleshoot unstable formulas to ensure commercial feasibility
Required Skills & Qualifications
- HND, B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology or related Scientific discipline.
- 5+ years’ experience in Research & Development, marketing and formulating cosmetic/skincare products.
- Working knowledge, and progressive understanding of natural emulsion techniques (o/w, w/o, and micro-emulsions), thickeners, surfactants, actives, preservation systems.
- Must be able to easily adapt to priority changes and able to work on simultaneous projects to meet established deadlines.
- Hands-on experience in packaging and market strategy formulation.
Application Closing Date
5th November, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Cover Letter and a recent coloured Passport Photograph to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified candidates would be contacted.