A reputable company is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager / Production Chemist
- We are looking for a talented General Manager / Cosmetic Production Chemist to develop new formulae as well as optimize and/or reformulate existing ones.
- He/She should be comfortable formulating with natural raw materials and working with various natural and organic certification standards depending on the project goals.
- The person would be responsible for the development of new cosmetics/skincare products or modifications of existing ones with minimal supervision.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively develops commercially feasible new skincare products or modifies existing ones. Designs & conducts experiments requiring the selection of equipment & materials for the delivery of the project.
- Follows projects from prototype development through manufacturing. Contributes to establishing manufacturing procedures.
- Assures that all testing to guarantee a marketable final product is on schedule. Precisely measure product characteristics and make timely recordings of the results.
- Identifies technical learning, issues and solutions for all projects, provides suggestions on all experiments and technicalities.
- Maintain clear and accurate records of formulations, procedures, observations, results Oversee and direct process scale-up, including manufacturing batch adjustments and troubleshooting. Conduct sta bility testing and troubleshoot unstable formulas to ensure commercial feasibility Maintain working knowledge of raw material innovations and emerging research in the cosmetic science field by proactively researching new concepts, materials, processes, and technical opportunities Source and validate new raw materials according to intemal standards
- Maintain a working knowledge of cosmetic regulations for cosmetics/active ingredient regulations Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- HND, BSc. or MSc. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Cosmetics Science or related scientific discipline.
- The ideal candidate must have 5 years’ experience in Research.& Development, marketing and formulating cosmetic/skincare products.
- Working knowledge, and progressive understanding of natural emulsion techniques (olw, w/o, and micro-emulsions>, thickeners, surtactant, actives, preservation systems.
- Creative thinking, technical writing and organizational skills.
- Must be able to easily adapt to priority changes and able to work on simultaneous projects to meet established deadlines.
- Hands-on experience in manufacturing packaging of Skincare products, and market strategy formulation.
- Ability to work independently
- The Ideal candidate must possess management skill, be result oriented, matured and self motivated The ideal candidate must possess working experience with track records in asimilar industry Oversee day to day operation
- Proven experience as a General manager.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply