Roche is a global pioneer in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics focused on advancing science to improve people’s lives. The combined strengths of pharmaceuticals and diagnostics under one roof have made Roche the leader in personalised healthcare – a strategy that aims to fit the right treatment to each patient in the best way possible. Roche is the world’s largest biotech company, with truly differentiated medicines in oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, ophthalmology and diseases of the central nervous system. Roche is also the world leader in in vitro diagnostics and tissue-based cancer diagnostics, and a frontrunner in diabetes management.
Founded in 1896, Roche continues to search for better ways to prevent, diagnose and treat diseases and make a sustainable contribution to society. The company also aims to improve patient access to medical innovations by working with all relevant stakeholders. Thirty medicines developed by Roche are included in the World Health Organization Model Lists of Essential Medicines, among them life-saving antibiotics, antimalarials and cancer medicines. Roche has been recognised as the Group Leader in sustainability within the Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology & Life Sciences Industry ten years in a row by the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Global Access Program (GAP) Coordinator, West Africa
Job ID: 202210-138802
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Category: Business Development
- Roche in Lagos is seeking a GAP Coordinator to to plan, implement and manage the Roche GAP (Global Access Programme) Expanded Programme in alignment with their stakeholders in the region.
Programme Planning and Implementation:
- Develop the Roche GAP Expanded program (HIV, HBV, HCV, HPV, MDTB) plan by understanding all the needs of the stakeholders, drafting the plan and securing approval.
- Develop the GAP Expanded program plans by gathering input from partners, understanding Roche expectations and targets, allocating dates against targets, drafting program plan and receiving approval annually by deadline.
- Review and manage the progress against the program plan by receiving feedback from partners, evaluating against targets, understanding challenges and amending plans in line with approved actions and standards as scheduled.
- Manage and optimize company resource utilization by evaluating and coordinating that Roche resources are secured, training partners so that consumables are utilized correctly and tracking and monitoring utilization against KPI’s and addressing discrepancies at all times.
Reporting & Forecasting:
- Draft and submit reports on defined GAP reporting parameters by gathering and analyzing data; and compiling report with recommendations as agreed.
- Quantify and submit forecasts for Roche GAP reagents by receiving data, evaluating input factors, evaluating quotations and drafting forecasts by deadline as required.
- Report on instrument uptime and functionality by engaging with end users and receiving field engineer reports, collating and reporting as per KPI’s and with recommendations by deadline and as agreed.
- Quality manage program implementation by defining quality standards (KPI’s), measuring, identifying and addressing issues, improving workflow, improving TAT and implementing solutions as required and agreed.
Partner Engagement and Management:
- Coordinate and conduct stakeholder meetings by ensuring target audience attendance, drafting agenda’s, coordinating that minutes and actions are captured, agreed on and timelines are allocated to all resolutions at all times and as required and scheduled.
- Conduct partner training by identifying training needs, scheduling training, coordinating attendance, facilitating training and evaluating training integration as required.
- Address partner issues and non-performance by identifying concern or non-delivery, identify cause, engage with partner and develop plan to address, manage implementation of plan and measure impact as agreed and defined.
- Enhance the Roche market position by identifying and implementing opportunities, building mutually respectful and beneficial relationships with partners and implementing opportunities as and when required.
- Build partner capability to utilize Roche instruments by providing technical support and assistance, drafting SOP’s and Job Aids, Sharing with partners and measuring instrumentation utilization improvement as required.
Experience and Education
You, as an ideal candidate, will have the following skills, experience and education:
- Required Qualification: Qualification in a relevant Science based field (Medical or Laboratory Sciences or similar).
- Required Experience: 3 - 5 years experience in the field. At least 2 years practical laboratory experience is ideal with at least 1 year in a similar role in a similar environment as Roche.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Note: Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer.