Sigma Consulting - Our client, a renowned Medical Service Provider located in Lagos requires the services of suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Record Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
The candidate will be responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate staff, greeting and checking in all patients for office appointments, including paperwork for patients to fill out, scanning insurance cards, entering all demographic information into the electronic health record, entering referrals for office visits into EMR, scanning for staff as needed, and working closely with physicians and staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greets and directs all patients within the practice
- Obtaining patient demographic and verifying insurance information at each visit.
- Obtaining necessary patient information to meet current Federal guidelines and Meaningful Use guidelines for electronic medical records.
- Scanning pertinent patient information into EMR including patient authorizations, recent labs delivered by patient, etc.
- Obtaining patient authorization for medical records release (HIPAA compliance).
- Schedules any necessary appointments after completion of patient visit.
- Monitor and review patient schedules for next day office appointments.
- Identifying and resolving minor patient billing complaints.
- Assists in ordering, receiving and stocking of office supplies
- Maintaining cleanliness of waiting room.
- Assists other Medical Receptionists and Medical Secretaries as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum of an OND or HND
- At least one-year relevant experience and/or training
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as accept direction on given assignments
- Able to work collectively with administration and staff.
- Only applicants who reside in Ogba and its environs would be considered.
Application Closing Date
19th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: