Northwest Petroleum & Gas Company Limited is a Company in the Oil & Gas Sector of the economy with international repute. The Company has vast experience in the importation, supply, distribution, and storage of Petroleum Products and is also actively involved in the official export of Crude Oil from Nigeria being one of the twenty-seven Companies approved by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) for allocation and export of Nigerian Crude Oil. Presently, amongst other facilities, the Company operates two (2) Ultra-Modern Mega Petroleum Products Storage Terminals with a combined capacity of 96.8 million litres certified and duly licensed by the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) and an Ultra-Modern Berthing Facility with an International state of the art Fire Fighting and Safety Equipment in the Calabar Free Trade Zone, Cross River State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
- To provide support in formulation and its adjustment to meet targeted manufacturers’ guidelines and Quality Assurance of all functions.
Main Key Responsibilities
- Receive, label and analyze crude extract samples
- Design and execute laboratory testing according to industry standard procedures, make observations and interpret findings.
- Conduct samples and experiments under defined conditions to verify/reject various types of hypotheses using refined scientific methods .
- Organize and store all chemicals substances, fluids and compressed gases according to safety instructions .
- Ensures quality of work through quality assurance testing and documentation, and analysis.
- Record all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) with accuracy and responsibility.
- Performs routine to complex and corrective maintenance and calibrations on laboratory equipment; and assist in ordering laboratory supplies
- Ensure full compliant of all safety guidelines and maintain a clean and orderly environment.
Manage all laboratory inventories.
Qualifications / Experience / Key Competencies
- First Degree in Biology, Chemistry, or relevant field.
- 5 – 7 years of relevant work experience.
- Related experience in gas chromatography and industrial laboratory.
- Previous experience in Material inventory management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and good organization skills. Good communication and teamwork skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: