Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the underlisted Programmes in Lagos State University, Ojo, Sandwich Degree Programmes that are domiciled in Epe Campus.
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
B. SC (ED), B. A (ED) AND B. ED: FOUR (4) AND FIVE (5) YEARS SANDWICH DEGREE PROGRAMMES IN THE FOLLOWING COURSES
- Health Education
- Computer Science Education
- Political Science Education
- Business Education
- English Education.
- Early Childhood and Primary Education
- Guidance and Counseling Education.
GENERAL BASIC REQUIREMENTS
- Five (5) 'O'Level Credit or TCII Merit Passes at not more than Two (2) sittings and Two (2) of the subjects at 'A'Level or NCE Merit Passes in relevant areas.
- A University/Polytechnic 2-year Diploma Certificate in the relevant area obtained at not less than Merit level/Upper Credit.
- Credit pass in English Language and Mathematics is compulsory for all courses.
SPECIFIC SUBJECTAREA REQUIREMENTS
- English Major: Credit Pass in Literature in English, English Language at 'O' Level or its equivalent
- Health Education; Political Science Major: Credit Pass in English Language, Mathematics , with three other subjects including Biology /Health Science at "O" Level or its equivalent.
- Health Education Major: (i) A Credit Pass in English Language and Credit Pass in Mathematics (ii) Holders of Staff Registered Nurse and Midwifery Certificates, Environmental Health, Diploma from School of Health Technology Plus Five(5) "0" Level Credit Passes to include English Language and Mathematics are also eligible.
LASU accepts any other Arts/Social Sciences subject in lieu of Yoruba.
a) Diploma in Health Education, Environmental Health, Physical Education, Social Work, Health Administration, Certificate in coaching, Advanced Diploma in Sports from Nigerian Institute for Sports with at least overall grades of Merit Plus 5 "0" Level Credit /TC II Merit Passes to include English Language and Mathematics are also acceptable for Health Education.
FOUR (4) YEAR DEGREE PROGRAMME
The Four (4) year Degree Programme is designed for candidates with NCE/ND Merit/Upper credit grade and above.
FIVE (5) YEAR DEGREE PROGRAMME
The Five (5) year Degree Programme is designed for candidates with WASC/SSCE/TCII and NCE who fell short of entry qualification for the Four (4) year Sandwich Degree Programme.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application Form is obtained from Lagos State University, Ojo. Website: www.lasu.edu.ng on the payment of Ten Thousand Naira (N10,000.00) only, as application fee. However, candidates are requested to forward soft copy of their on-line application form and scanned "0" Level result checker card(s) used only once to [email protected] . The subject of the mail should read: Epe, application form number, Name and course. Hard copy of the on-line application form attached to copy of the used "0" Level result checker card(s) should be submitted to the Directorate of Sandwich Degree Programme, Ojo Campus.
DISCLAIMER: Any applicant who pays money into any individual/other account/or through other means aside from the one above, does that to his/her own disadvantage.
CLOSING DATE Closing Date of Application is Thursday 18th February 2021
Entrance examination and interview will hold by 8:00am, at PDS block (Down hill) Epe Campus on a date in February, 2021 which will be communicated to candidates in due course. Candidates are advised to come along with their writing materials, originals, copy of the result checker used only once and photocopies of all their credentials.
PLEASE NOTE: Lectures for ALL the programmes will be holding in Epe Campus.
Amuni, Mohammed Olayinka Esq.
Registrar and Secretary to Council