Our client is a leading provider of pan-African healthcare service in Lagos aimed at providing optimized and patient-centered healthcare service. As a result of the expansion and strategic initiatives aimed at delivering quality care that remains affordable, career opportunities exist for high performing professionals that can contribute and thrive in a rapidly growing organization.
Position: Medical Officer.
Location: Egbeda, Lagos.
Job Role: Essentially responsible for restoring a patient's optimum health. The Medical Officer is to perform health assessments, run diagnostic tests, prescribe medication, create treatment plans and provide health and wellness advice to patients.
- Assist in planning, implementing, and administering health programs and illness prevention activities to ensure that staff adopt a healthy lifestyle and prevent disease.
- Assist in the implementation of policies/guidelines and management protocols for the promotion of best practice in the hospital.
- Assist in planning and overseeing all patient care.
- Liaise with HOD/HR in the provision of clinical training and opportunities to staff for continuous development.
- Ensure compliance to legal guidelines, internal policies, and quality standards requirements.
- Performs minor surgical procedures commensurate with surgical competency as directed by the HOD.
- Participate in prompt emergency medical response in order to render care and prevent disease and injury.
- Respecting the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients, dependents, and colleagues.
- Committed to lifelong learning and audit to ensure evidence-based practice and maintenance of patient safety and quality standards.
- Providing comprehensive general medical services as directed by the HOD.
- Screening for various Cancers and medical conditions i.e., cervical, and prostate cancer
- screening (VIA, Pap smear etc.)
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital
- policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and Safe Care standards.
- Attend to all emergencies and unforeseen contingencies.
- Assist in coordinating clinic activities including ANC, NCD clinics and others.
- Assist in coordinating all clinical activities including nursing, pharmacy and Laboratory.
- Involvement in quality improvement program in CarePoint hospital.
- Any other requirements as stated by HOD/HR.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Proven experience as medical officer
- Professional experience in healthcare management
- Excellent knowledge and experience in screening, diagnostic procedures and clinical supervision and program management.
- Excellent time management with good interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in HIV/TB care.
- Patient Oriented with excellent counseling skills.
- Excellent knowledge of standards (e.g. ISO, SafeCare) and regulations for the clinical field
- Proficient in MS Office and computer systems (e.g. patient management software)
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, team building skills.
- Aptitude in resolving issues and conflicts
- BSc/BA in medicine, clinical administration, medical science relevant field; MSc/MA will be appreciated.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their CV to [email protected] with “Medical Officer” as the Subject of the email.